Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How possible and difficult is this?

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
www.devildrake.deviantart.com
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
Hey guys,

Well new to painting/panelbeating, I've came across a sudden paint flake in my front bumper as seen below:

P1010019.jpg

You can clearly see it in person and it annoys the hell outta me.

The old owner gave me a can of touch up paint with it (obviously a spray)

How would i go about fixing this with easily-acquired stuff and where from (if it's not a paint shop).

Keep in mind I'm new to it so baby talk it.

If it's too much of a hassle that you think it's not worth it, let me know. But i'd rather try than pay $500 or so for a respray.

VLC86

..stay N/A..
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Calais
get a can of touch up paint and cover it all up. would help to sand it back a bit to gt a smoother finish.

or go the longer way and strip the bumper back and just give it a respray yourself. Is it only on the bumper?

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
get a can of touch up paint and cover it all up. would help to sand it back a bit to gt a smoother finish.

or go the longer way and strip the bumper back and just give it a respray yourself. Is it only on the bumper?

Only the l/h side of the bumper. No where else.

Are you saying just spray the touch up paint over it? You don't need anything else o.o?

VLC86

..stay N/A..
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Calais
if it is the exact same colour then thats the cheapest and easiest way to do it. just do a few coats of it straight on the bumper. make sure its all clean and free of any tough dirt or any chips that protrude out from the bumper

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
if it is the exact same colour then thats the cheapest and easiest way to do it. just do a few coats of it straight on the bumper. make sure its all clean and free of any tough dirt or any chips that protrude out from the bumper

So i don't need any type of prep work or anything, i just take off the bumper walk up to it and apply touch up paint from the can? I don't mind if it's not the Cheapest but i want it too look good not blotchy, like the other side which looks perfectly fine.

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
God no...

The only way to make that look good is to sand it down and repaint it.

Sand it with 320 and 500, and repaint it.
If you're really anal, 240 - high fill - 320 - 500 - repaint.

Rusty

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt with VU/VZ bits
Pay for someone else to do it! Not worth the hassle at all! You will take a long time to hit metal if you are sanding your bumper.....!

Adds_05

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.7L
do i need clear coat or anything or just sand it down then spray it on?

When you say sand it back, you mean back to the metal or what? Like i said, baby talk :D

metal lol, the bumpers made of plastic..., best bet would be to take it somewhere and get it done,its 2pak paint also so its not meant to be sprayed at home anyway