Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

how to remove ignition barrel...vs

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
its not threaded.
you need to put the key in & turn it to the last position before ignition & push a pin in the small hole at the side of the housing, this will release the barrel, if you have already killed it by drilling it get a new housing.

Rob

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Make sure the key is at the "ON" position and make sure the slot in the switch aligns with the stepped end of the lock cylinder shaft. It should slip in if everything is in line.
Also make sure you have the battery disconnected when pulling the switch otherwise you may end up with other problems!!

VLDavo

Reaction score
Members Ride
lc torana. vn v8. ke30.mazda 1300.
or u could just use a dent puller and bust the lock out and then just slide in a new barrel

Disturbed_vegeta

I'd Prefer To ROAR!
Reaction score
Website
Www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VR Hsv Senator, VX SS, VZ SS Ute 6L, K9 GSXR1000
hmm ill give it a shot...just putting the barrel back together (im keeping the same key,insted of changing all the locks) if i got any other questions ill post back...thanks for the help guys! stuff like this make me happy that i joined this forum^_^

Disturbed_vegeta

I'd Prefer To ROAR!
Reaction score
Website
Www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VR Hsv Senator, VX SS, VZ SS Ute 6L, K9 GSXR1000
hmm i seem to have everything in place...but it still doestnt work...i can slide the old barrel in no probs but the new one gets to a certain point and wont go any more. is there any differences between the vr and vs ones cos the car is a vs and the barrel is vr? so maybe that could be the problem???

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
If it slides in to a certain point it may be that the stepped end of the lock cylinder isn't exactly lined up with slot in the switch - also measure how far it goes in before it stops and work out what could be stopping it.
I'm not sure they are interchangeable but have always thought they were.

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
the lock mechanism in the housing needs to be pushed down with a small screwdriver.
with the cylinder out look into the hole, on the right hand side there is a step in the bottom, push this down till it clicks, this is the steering lock & if its not reset the cylinder wont go in.