Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How the hell do i get the car to shift to 4th gear at high speed?!

Jonah 101

Undefined
Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 Skyline
If you need to get somehwere in such a hurry, catch a plane. In the end it will work out cheaper than the gas and engines you will be buying.

Cava454

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS, VZ SS
You need to get it to a tuner and get them to disable the "retards be retards" function which is inbuilt into the PCM from holden.

Make sure they activate the "anti fold mechanism" while their at it for when u wrap it around a tree.

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
hes in the UAE so can most likely drive any speed he can LOL goto maces section in the sponsors area of this forum they will be able to sort out remote tuning it for you

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Get rid of the Commodore and find another Datsun Sunny............

HoldenMan7

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 6 SPEED MANUAL
Maybe sell up and get a VY SS with the 6 speed manual then you will be right......

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
You may find even a tune comes up short, given it's a 150kw married to a sludgeomatic with a 3.08, makes them soft and squishy up top.

The tune should help for sure but I reckon it'd be as drastic as a manual, 3.7 - 4.1 ratio diff (so it can rev it's tits off), or a new car for what you want.

Seriously, doesn't everyone drive a 5.7 over there for this exact reason?

freefallin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina / VZ SS LS1
You need to get it to a tuner and get them to disable the "retards be retards" function which is inbuilt into the PCM from holden.

Make sure they activate the "anti fold mechanism" while their at it for when u wrap it around a tree.

Wouldnt it be easier to say i dont know...or better yet just not even comment. Just because you dont have a solution does not make you a retard. But making stupid, unbenefitial comments does.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
got any contact? Would appreciate that!
And i know its not exactly the best way to drive the car but thats the only reason i got the car, these high speed road trips. I got another car for my daily driver. So for now, the VY's only purpose is this. So i will drive it like this till it gives up, then ill either change the engine or the whole car.

If you are posting on this forum , then you have a computer to search Maces web site , or use the search function at the top right hand corner of the forum page

Cava454

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS, VZ SS
Ask a stupid Qn, expect stupid answer

freefallin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina / VZ SS LS1
Ask a stupid Qn, expect stupid answer

again dumb dumb, just because you dont have a solution it does not make the issue stupid. It might make you stupid, but not the issue.

Now read the above over and over until it registers.