Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

how to add a 26" screen to a ve commy boot lid

luke746

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve omega
hey guys,
ive had a custom boot done in my car and i wanna put a 26" screen in the boot lid.
just wanna know how big a job would it be and how i would go about doing it?

cheers,
luke

timothy1

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX II SS
what else was involved with your custom boot? any electronics or just a layout??

luke746

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve omega
sorry for late reply . its realy just the lay out: 2 subs amps and capacitor

DmanVT

USAWME
Reaction score
Members Ride
'99 VT sedan II
Hey mate, It all depends on if the 26" monitor would fit in the boot lid anyway, take some measurements of the lowest points you have to work with for starters and see if it will fit physically, That may answer your question straight off. If it will fit ( in terms of measurement ) then that makes it easier and can be done.

If it doesnt fit straight out then you might either have to go a smaller widescreen monitor or something with the monitor on an adjustable angle to fit wither manually or with actuators or something.

I'm working on fitting a 24" monitor in my vt right now, There are plenty of ways to do it depending on the rest of your boot install and how you want it to end up.

you could make an mdf panel to fit the boot then have a cutout for the tv in the centre and make up a bracket around the front of the screen to hold it in, or you couldmake the mdf panel and put a tv wall mount holder on it and fix the tv to that and do fiberglass to smooth off the transition between panel and screen....

It all comes down to what dimensions you have to work with and what thickness and size your monitor is i guess.

I can post some pics when i finish my monitor if you like,

Cheers, Darcy