Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VY] How To add aux to a stock VY VZ Stereo

Marinlaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 3.8 commodore
Here we go a easy How to for all that want to keep that stock look

dpcarroll

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ executive wagon
Hey Marin,
I tried your method for the aux audio mod for the stock radio, and i messed it up by snapping off the resistor for the right side speakers, then tried to fix it and messed up the other resistor.
Before i tried to fix it, I had the left speakers working but could faintly hear the CD in the background on the left side.

Two questions, can i replace the resistors and if so what should i replace them with? And secondly, do you know how i can get rid of the faint music from the cd, i assume by using a blank cd this might fix it?
Thanks in advanced,
Declan

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Hey Marin,
I tried your method for the aux audio mod for the stock radio, and i messed it up by snapping off the resistor for the right side speakers, then tried to fix it and messed up the other resistor.
Before i tried to fix it, I had the left speakers working but could faintly hear the CD in the background on the left side.

Two questions, can i replace the resistors and if so what should i replace them with? And secondly, do you know how i can get rid of the faint music from the cd, i assume by using a blank cd this might fix it?
Thanks in advanced,
Declan

You have to replace the resistors with the same value resistor.

dpcarroll

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ executive wagon
You have to replace the resistors with the same value resistor.
No doubt, just not sure what the values were as i havent been able to find a diagram, checked a few threads but a lot of the links have been broken because they are so old

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
No doubt, just not sure what the values were as i havent been able to find a diagram, checked a few threads but a lot of the links have been broken because they are so old

There should be some coloured rings on the body of the resistor they relate to the value.