Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How to "alter" bumper...

LightningVP

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II 5.7 SV8
once you get the rims on you will need to drop the height of it. get the springs out and introduce them to a grinder

I know...I have some friends good with grinders :whistling just have to work out any other things I will need to change/alter, shocks etc...

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
Chop around 2 coils off, that should sit it down nicely :thumbsup: Why spend the cash when you don't have to!!

LightningVP

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II 5.7 SV8
Chop around 2 coils off, that should sit it down nicely :thumbsup: Why spend the cash when you don't have to!!

Thought it was illegal :whistling (Yes I know I have illegal things on my car, but would like to steer clear of much more), lol, "much more" :dance:

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
Bah, should be right man :thumbsup: I wouldn't worry about it!

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
I can't be a **** all the time ;)

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
lol it's only a negative comment when people swear and call you names. A brief explanation about poor handling, ability for springs to come loose, void insurance and HUGE fines and jail time if you cause an accident (even if the springs didn't cause it when they take your car in they will find them) would probably be more productive.

For the sake of the online forum knowing you aren't about to knowingly do something illegal that may kill yourself or someone else just don't discuss it here.

In addition, might be a stupid q - what are the little chrome things that would be behind the grille when the hood is closed? between the headlights. i can't make them out but wanna know!!

LightningVP

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II 5.7 SV8
lol it's only a negative comment when people swear and call you names. A brief explanation about poor handling, ability for springs to come loose, void insurance and HUGE fines and jail time if you cause an accident (even if the springs didn't cause it when they take your car in they will find them) would probably be more productive.

For the sake of the online forum knowing you aren't about to knowingly do something illegal that may kill yourself or someone else just don't discuss it here.

In addition, might be a stupid q - what are the little chrome things that would be behind the grille when the hood is closed? between the headlights. i can't make them out but wanna know!!

maybe we should keep it at that :whistling lol...

Lol, na...well if you were to take a guess I'm sure the word "lights" would come to mind....They are turbines that spin while the car is moving and light up....and yet to know if they do where they are...can't exactly drive and look at the front of my car at the same time :bang:

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
Lol, na...well if you were to take a guess I'm sure the word "lights" would come to mind....They are turbines that spin while the car is moving and light up....and yet to know if they do where they are...can't exactly drive and look at the front of my car at the same time :bang:

Drive past my place at 100km/h at night and i'll tell you if they will! :p Just ignore the speed hump out the front of my place, everyone else seems to. Or we'll both goto a drag strip and i'll tell you if they do or dont :p

LightningVP

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II 5.7 SV8
Drive past my place at 100km/h at night and i'll tell you if they will! :p Just ignore the speed hump out the front of my place, everyone else seems to. Or we'll both goto a drag strip and i'll tell you if they do or dont :p

I wanna know NOW and if we went to a drag stip NOW you would either be running behind me, or driving behind me in a Pulsar :whistling

EDIT: And I don't need to go that fast, you only have to blow on them and they spin...I'm sure 10k would do it...I have seen them light up, but just not sure how well they will half covered by the grille...