Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

how to bypass Hand Brake wire to make dvd work?

zapper-l67

LS# Eat One Today...
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais
Just ground it out and it will work..
Zapp

Rob_VT

Smacked Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 vt exec, 2003 v2 monaro cv8
On newer Pioneer dvd head units, you cant just ground the signal.
I have a Pioneer AVH P4350 and i tried grounding the signal and it does not work,
the older ones may work, but the new ones need a delayed signal to ground so even if you wire it correctly to the hand brake sensor, you need to put hand brake off and back on.
choices are a relay as i said before, a single pole single throw switch, or a normally closed momentary switch.
relay is easiest and neatest as you can hide it.
and if your "worried about cops" as some people have been saying to support switch idea, u can press mode and mute within 1-2 second which cuts screen and volume on newer pioneers.

cliffo83

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.0L Series 1
Hi. I know this is an old post. But i just purchased a new pioneer AVH285BT head unit and im having the handbrake on/off issue. Is there a way to bypass it easily on these new units like grounding the handbrake wire or do i need to by a relay switch or something?

cliffo83

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.0L Series 1
Hi. I know this is an old post. But i just purchased a new pioneer AVH285BT head unit and im having the handbrake on/off issue. Is there a way to bypass it easily on these new units like grounding the handbrake wire or do i need to by a relay switch or something?
Just realized that i either need to do the above with relay switch, get a micro bypass, a toggle switch or just do what your meant to and connect to handbrake wire. If only i knew where the handbrake wire was on a vt commodore??? hmmmmm????

HaRdCoRe WhOrE

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VESS G8 PONTIAC
Hope the below image helps you out. This is similar item to what you are looking for. As stated in the below info there a few on the market to suit individual stereos. These you can find on EBAY. The link I found the info on was... https://www.facebook.com/G8Designs/...9663325862503/530312443797588/?type=3&theater

upload_2016-12-22_17-20-19.png

cliffo83

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.0L Series 1
Just realized that i either need to do the above with relay switch, get a micro bypass, a toggle switch or just do what your meant to and connect to handbrake wire. If only i knew where the handbrake wire was on a vt commodore??? hmmmmm????
Hi. I just connected handbrake wire to a ground wire and that fixed the issue. Cheers