Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How to bypass the immobiliser, don't want the car towed to the locksmith!

DavesSV6Tonner

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S V6 Cab & Chassis
Do you have a local Supercheap Auto store? They sell the MAP brand DIY replacement keys and programming module to suit VS - VZ Commodore.
Will set you back about $160 but should get you going unless there is something more serious wrong with the car.

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Do you have a local Supercheap Auto store? They sell the MAP brand DIY replacement keys and programming module to suit VS - VZ Commodore.
Will set you back about $160 but should get you going unless there is something more serious wrong with the car.
Works providing you have the original, working keyfob.

DavesSV6Tonner

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S V6 Cab & Chassis
Works providing you have the original, working keyfob.

Really? I am amazed then that I was able to program two new MAP keys without needing at any time to use my old fob.
Must have been divine intervention.

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Really? I am amazed then that I was able to program two new MAP keys without needing at any time to use my old fob.
Must have been divine intervention.
Yes. You need to unlock the vehicle using the original keyfob first. This will not work with the immobiliser activated.

DavesSV6Tonner

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S V6 Cab & Chassis
Both times I programmed the new MAP key fobs the immobiliser lock symbol was flashing when I commenced the procedure.
Testing the newly programmed key fobs they both worked perfectly, locking and unlocking the doors as well as starting the engine.
My genuine fob would no longer unlock or lock the doors and it was a Sunday and some research led me to the MAP replacement keys at Supercheap.

Also, I have noticed that when unlocking the doors with the fob the immobiliser is immediately disarmed. If the vehicle isn't started within about 30 seconds the immobiliser automatically re-arms itself.

DavesSV6Tonner

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S V6 Cab & Chassis
OK, that makes more sense now. I did not know using the key fob to operate the central locking also locks and unlocks the BCM.
Don't recall seeing any instructions like those included with the KF 200. Just followed the instructions in their video clip.
I can count my lucky stars my fob failed when I wanted to lock the car so had to lock and unlock it using the key blade in the door lock.

Tj_275

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore Olympic
Hi guys just a update. Ive purchased the programmer from supercheap and new key fob with orginal key blade but for some reason it isnt allowing the car to program with the new key fob. The original key doesnt work so i cant unlock the vehicle to try and reprogram again. Im now back at square one with this darn thing, i dont want to spend more money on a auto sparky as ive hired a locksmith and he seems to have no luck $280 latter. Is there anyway to bypass this it would be awesome to know some insight,

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Hi guys just a update. Ive purchased the programmer from supercheap and new key fob with orginal key blade but for some reason it isnt allowing the car to program with the new key fob. The original key doesnt work so i cant unlock the vehicle to try and reprogram again. Im now back at square one with this darn thing, i dont want to spend more money on a auto sparky as ive hired a locksmith and he seems to have no luck $280 latter. Is there anyway to bypass this it would be awesome to know some insight,

Honestly, I doubt anyone on here will post up how to bypass the security features of the car...Reason being, some lowlife scumbag gets this information, all of a sudden peoples pride and joys start disappearing easier...

As for the locksmith....It's obvious he wasn't any good at his job....So why he charged you for a service he couldn't provide is beyond me.....

It is looking more like a tow job to an auto sparkie/locksmith, with some research being done that you get one that knows what they are doing...Not one that might know what they are doing

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
I believe Holden can do it provided you have solid proof of ownership. I’m sure you’ll pay for it though.