Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How to bypass VR immobiliser in key??

ryan1980

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN
Hey guys,

im transplanting a VR engine/gearbox into an old BMW. It's currently at the auto electrician's, and he tells me he can't get it to start, and he believe the immobiliser is the reason. He has told me i need to take the ecu somewhere to bypass the immobiliser somehow.

Does anyone know how to do this, or where i can take it??

Thanks heaps

Ryan

xtr3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V 3.6L
As far As I Know.....
If you leave the ignition on for 1 hour the immoboliser shuts off.... in a stock commodore where someone hasnt fiddled with the engine and electrics.
If you have retained the electrical components completely, then id recommend giving this a go

turn your sound system off, headlights etc... leave it with ignition at ON for 1 hour, then crank it....

Other than that, I am aware they you can have the immoboliser / theft deterant part of the ECU disabled by flashing it. (uncle built a cobra with a gen3 engine and had this done)

good luck with your testing

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
you need to get a chip burnt to disable the immobiliser if you arnt running a bcm easy job greenfoam or myself and others on here can do it for you easy enough

COMMOKING

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR commo Wagon
how to bypass immobiliser

all u need is the key and turn your key to on so dash lights are on look at ur watch and wait 45 mins then u will here a small click and u can know start it this is only a temp soloution