Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How to Change Date to Day-Month, Rather than Month-Day

g8carl

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore from Pont G8
First, I should tell you that I am in the USA and can't ask Holden anything. I tried and they said "...we can only provide assistance with Holden vehicles inside Australia and New Zealand." It's a long, impossible drive to either <grin>.

I have a 2008 Pontiac G8 (Base) that I bought used. I think it has every option that was available, but because I do not have the original window sticker, I wouldn't swear to it. I think the G8 Base was the same as the SV6. From what I understand, the G8 GT was an SS and the GXP was an SS-V, so the Base being an SV6 makes sense, at least to me

I have pretty much converted my G8 into a Commodore. I have changed the centre caps on the wheels, the bonnet, front bar and grille assemblies, added the Holden boot badge and spoiler, as well as "Commodore" and "SV6" badges to the boot. I should emphasise that I paid someone to install all that stuff, I didn't do any of the actual work. Plus, I found a steering wheel airbag on eBay. I want my car to be as totally Commodore as it can be.

FINALLY, here's my question!!! I want to know if there's a way to change the radio to show the date the way I think it is done everywhere in the world except the US - day, month, year. The display on mine (the 6-CD Blaupunkt) says: "Saturday May 25th 2013" followed by the time on the next line. I would rather it say "25th May" since that's the way I say it and it sounds more correct. I found on a thread here how to change the clock to 24-hour, but I think it's going to require a new radio to change the calendar.

thx

c

Muke

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 MY08
I'm guessing you will have to reprogram the headunit. Possibly through the OBD2 port, maybe pulling it out and using an eeprom programmer. Try looking over at carmodder.com as there are some really smart people figuring out things like that. ms_enj (on here and there) has done quite a bit of work. As have others, but I can't list them all. I'm playing around with mine at the moment, but it's the single stacker and I'm not as smart as they are anyway. And I don't have a screen at the moment, but I'll see if there's anything super obvious in the code. (don't hold your breath for me to answer).

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Do all your Pontiac mates have a sook about you putting Holden badges on?

You wouldn't believe all the cry babies here when people put Chev badges on hahaha (It's also sold as a Chevrolet Lumina but you probably knew that)

illlusion

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV MY10
My radio shows the date the same as yours so I don't think you can change it

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Oh and to be a true Commodore you need to move the steering wheel to the other side :D