Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VT-VX] How to change sway bar link rods

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore 2002 Executive v6. Ex Patrol Car
Yeah dude, honestly you can replace JUST the bushes... But I garentee you will need to replace the rods due to the ball joint before the bushes go again, so better and cheaper to replace the whole thing. They are probably already on the fritz anyway :D

Reaction score
Members Ride

SuperXU6

Reaction score
Members Ride
'98 VT HSV XU6
Nice write up as always on a side note how much did u pick up the pins and bushes for?

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pins I picked up for $89 dollars from Repco (They are usually $140), bushes I picked up for $24.

Yeah, I suppose you can cook bacon with it. But if you do that, make sure you do the whole procedure with a hat on.

MR_VX

Forced to be Fast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S pac SII Raptorcharged
I just completed this today. what a easy job to do thanks to this write up. I got my complete kit off ebay for $64 included postage. It come with pins and bushes.
One question tho. did you grease the rubbers at all? None was supplied in the kit so i didn't. Its just the old ones seem to have some old white grease looking **** on them thats all.???

velcrochicken

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Commodore VT
Crap

Went and bought these parts online. Pulled wheel off, and realised the VT series 1 seems to have a different part. Just wasted $95 damnit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Who wants to buy a nolathane Sway bay rod kit.

vx_commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore 'S
Crap

Went and bought these parts online. Pulled wheel off, and realised the VT series 1 seems to have a different part. Just wasted $95 damnit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Who wants to buy a nolathane Sway bay rod kit.

Vt and Vx are diffrent.
The Vx uses a ball joint, Where as the Vt uses bushes on top and bottom

Anyone who read's this, make sure you get the correct part, Now you know Vt & Vx are diffrent.

velcorchicken: Throw them up on ebay, Im sure you can recoop some $$