Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VT-VX] How to change sway bar link rods

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore 2002 Executive v6. Ex Patrol Car
Aw yeah! Here we go.

Ok! First step peeps! Eggs!

23082011001.jpg

Thats right! Eggs, cook em, eat em, rub em on your body, I don't care! JUST EGGS!

Step two! Jack yo car up foo'! And best be using those car stands as well, because if you don't use em and you get crushed... SUCK IT! Thats what we call "Natural Selection"

23082011002.jpg

Also take off your wheels... Only your front ones.. Don't take off your back ones.. Kay?
YEAH COME ON!

23082011003.jpg

Old on the left! New on the right. I got NOLUTHANE BITCHEZ! You don't have to do that but you can, I don't care!

Step THREE! (This is the step after two)

23082011008.jpg

Sixteen MM spanner, take that bad boy and remove the bolt on top of the original pin!

Now its time for step four (But please complete step 3 first)

23082011007.jpg

14mm Spanner! Remove the bolt behind the ball joint! You may need to use another spanner to brace the inside bolt, as when the ball joint is ruined, it will spin!. I used a ratchet son!

23082011006.jpg

I dont wanna use the step method anymore! So its time to mix this crap up! If your a smart kid, you will realize you don't have a pin in there anymore! Now its time to put the new pin where the old one was!

23082011010.jpg

Thats how the pushes have to be setup on the top! Now put it in and tighten up the bolts with a 17mm spanner son! I used a ratchet for behind the ball joint, because I'm super bad like that!

23082011012.jpg

Don't leave it like that boytoy! Take a 12mm spanner and under the top bushes there is a bolt part of the rod, once all bolts are tighened, use that to straighten the ball joint up! YEAH!

23082011013.jpg

Now your finished! I would recommend doing the other side!~ and putting your wheels back in!

23082011001.jpg

EGGS!

23082011005.jpg

Also thats what the bushes looks like before I replaced them. They were being very naughty bushes.

Fart noises, women can't drive, and gay people are gay. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ASK!

Problem Just Commodores?

Hover Hand!

AUSFITTER

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY SS series 2
Probably a noob question, but is it the same for VY's?

Mk2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais S2
I have a clunking noise when I turn full lock at slow speed, and when I chucked different wheels on my car I noticed the screw on top of the pin was a little loose. Could this be the source of my problem? I am going to probably replace near on everything under there when I lower my car anyways but if it's just a matter of tightening it up some more I'll do that for the interim. I just wasn't sure if it was supposed to have a little play for movement or not. This may be a stupid question, I am unsure.

Dr HaxZaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
R34 GT-T
always wondered whether that rod should have a slight curve in it lol now i know

out of curiosity where'd you get the bushes and rod from??

btw you missed out on the possibility of so many rod jokes :D

jakobe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V6
thanks mate, helped me out alot here.

Dr HaxZaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
R34 GT-T
Check the rod is straight before continuing... Insert rod into hole

the list goes on lol

Jarrad

Sherminator
Reaction score
Members Ride
Silver Ex Cop VX Wagon
Another cracker mate, well done!!

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore 2002 Executive v6. Ex Patrol Car
@ AUSFITTER -- Not 100% sure, but I think the only difference is you have two ball joints, i.e. no bushes... Go find out and tell us! All you have to do is remove your wheel!

@ MK2 -- Could be one reason, Sounds like what I had before I replaced mine. Does your front feel very loose? like leaning ALOT? Chances are if you have to replace one bush, you have to do them all... Good luck!

@ Dr HAXSAW -- Got them from Repco. No they are not supposed to have a curve in them. Per rod jokes: Too easy :p I want my humor to open up your brain and #### it like a tripple ####ed hooker, not make you giggle.

@ Jakeobe -- Not a problem, did you find the how to to be exact? or did I #### something up?

@ Jarrad -- <3 x 30 . May many virgins find there way into your rape dungeon tonight.

Dr HaxZaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
R34 GT-T
I want my humor to open up your brain and #### it like a tripple ####ed hooker, not make you giggle.

Yes i did notice it was full of some very sophisticated humour lol

lol as for the curve i geuss im gonna need some new ones