Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How to change the Clock Spring on a VT

jason_85

Reaction score
Members Ride
02 Vy SS and 99 Vt SS
i actually bought 1 today for $25 that had the extra wire for stereo controls (which i dont need having a vy ss wheel on a vt), now i just got to get a tech2 and clear that stupid chime lol....

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX2
i actually bought 1 today for $25 that had the extra wire for stereo controls (which i dont need having a vy ss wheel on a vt), now i just got to get a tech2 and clear that stupid chime lol....

thats cheap,

Last edited:

jason_85

Reaction score
Members Ride
02 Vy SS and 99 Vt SS
i know a bloke that buys write offs from the auctions and sells of the parts :)... get anything i want or need cheap... picking up a new vx berlina boot garnish, tail lights and looms for $80 tomorrow....

JoeRogan

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Evoke Sedan
They vary from dealer to dealer. My local dealer wanted $190 but I bought one from a different dealer for $165.

I bought mine for $165.

This tutorial post is bloody good. Well done mate and thankyou very much. It saved me about $80 -$100 to have it installed. (I still had to pay $50 to have the code cleared once it was installed)
Thankyou! Thankyou! Thankyou! Thankyou! Thankyou! :)

glen84

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive
I am attacking mine tomorrow so hopefully it all goes to plan.

ajr1784

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt
Just brought a holden vt the other week only to find it's full of problems..I don't consider myself mechanically minded when it comes to cars but all thanks to this site i've been working on problems myself instead of forking out big do$h to take it to the mechanics!

Anyways,all signs looked like my ride needed a new clock spring as the air bag light was on and the horn didn't work.I contacted Holden for a supply and fit quote just so i knew what i'd be up for if i decided to go that way.They quoted me $500 upwards,WTF seriously?

Bugger that for a joke..After searching this forum i finally got the nads to attempt myself and for $60 and not even an hr worth of work i think i done a good job!

Wasn't 100% sure i'd get it right,but was probably one of the most easiest things to do and had fun doing it..Point is,problem fixed and $460 richer.. :whistling

And to bypass the airbag warning light just simply removed the bulb from the speedo housing! Walla..

ajr1784

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt
Yeah! The horn wasn't working and the indicator ticks when not in use..The indicator still ticks a little but the hoen now works perfectly!

So the airbag light was still on so you removed the bulb?

SID888

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX1 5.7L Berlina Wagon A4
So you still have a problem with the airbags because the light was still on after you changed the clock spring?