Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How to change the VE headlight globe

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Mine are farkin huge hahaha

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
I put the globe in upside down the first time. Try figuring that one out in the dark.........
If you watch which way the old globe comes out and put the new one in the same way u can't go wrong.

SV6GUY

Reaction score
Members Ride
MANUAL VE SV6 S2
I put the globe in upside down the first time. Try figuring that one out in the dark.........
If you watch which way the old globe comes out and put the new one in the same way u can't go wrong.

i made the same mistake, also if you try twisting the globe within the headlamp it shouldnt move if it's in the right way

Big_Simmo

Deep Blue Cranberry
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Series 2 SSV Redline Ute
At least you just have the wire clip's, in the stato I have a small metal ring which needs to be twisted into place to lock/unlock the globe.

Also if I had the hands of a 4 year old Asian girl I could easily do this, but no GMH I have hands of a man.....long story short my 1 arm that works has a hand full of small cuts

Calibre88

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE
The more I read, the closer my mechanic is to getting more money from me.

Calibre88

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE
VE Man, you sound like your about to write out a bill for a woman. :surprise:

Red Centre Bluey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Caprice WN, Caprice VR
Jeebus! do it from under the damned bonnet, just like any other late model car, even foulcans. untwist dust cap, disconnect wire stuff, pull dead bulb, put new one, put on wires and dustcap, close bonnet, enjoy cold beer
WM's DO have a dust cap, but it's secured by 6 or 7 TX20 screws cos it's rectangular
If access is tight, remove air intake fresh-air box, or unbolt fuse box and lift clear