Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How to check if Clock spring is faulty

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon

Holden65

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS Series 2
Thanks for that. I did order a replacement that is for all 3 devices and was guaranteed it was a working unit. I replaced it into the car but has made no difference to the issue-buttons still won’t work.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks for that. I did order a replacement that is for all 3 devices and was guaranteed it was a working unit. I replaced it into the car but has made no difference to the issue-buttons still won’t work.
Original headunit or aftermarket?

Holden65

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS Series 2
When i got the car the controls were missing the tops of the buttons. I got some more controls, along with some other parts, and owner said they worked in the car. Maybe they did, maybe they didn’t, can’t be sure. I have asked on here if there is a way to test them and the wiring.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
When i got the car the controls were missing the tops of the buttons. I got some more controls, along with some other parts, and owner said they worked in the car. Maybe they did, maybe they didn’t, can’t be sure. I have asked on here if there is a way to test them and the wiring.
The only thing you have done is change the swc.

Holden65

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS Series 2
The only thing you have done is change the swc.
No i have changed the clockspring and the steering wheel switches. I also changed the head unit for the identical one from another commodore as the cd player didn’t work

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
No i have changed the clockspring and the steering wheel switches. I also changed the head unit for the identical one from another commodore as the cd player didn’t work
Do you still have the old parts?
If so, replace new with old, & start testing?

Holden65

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS Series 2
Do you still have the old parts?
If so, replace new with old, & start testing?
Unfortunately I threw out the old steering wheel buttons. I still have the old clockspring but only one of each wire for each plug tests continuity. I may have to find some replacement steering wheel switches. I would just like to know how to test the current switches to see if they are actually faulty instead of spending for new parts if I don’t have to. That being said the switches are the only unknown variable. There doesn’t have to be any reset of programming done after replacing these items, does there?