Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How to check transmission oil level

Steveturtle70

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ sv6
Hay can anybody tell me how to check the transmission oil level on a 2005 VZ automatic transmission

Bob33

Reaction score
Members Ride
e3 maloo
if it doesnt have the dipstick at the rear of the engine drivers side (4 speed). if its a 5 speed the vehicle needs to be raised so its level and the wheels can turn run it through all the gears and leave in park running. the trans pan has a plug that isnt a drain it has a tube that runs up. remove that plug fluid should dribble out if level is correct. can be easier to get a mechanic to check it

Commydo

Reaction score
Members Ride
V6 vz Commodore
Did u check it?lol
Mine reading well over cold make,when cold,
But then after 30mins of driving it's barely reading in the dipstick,
I let it the engine run,in park,check it,I've put in 1.5lts now and it's still not coming up to hot mark,
Any help/ideas what's up?

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Did u check it?lol
Mine reading well over cold make,when cold,
But then after 30mins of driving it's barely reading in the dipstick,
I let it the engine run,in park,check it,I've put in 1.5lts now and it's still not coming up to hot mark,
Any help/ideas what's up?
The engine has to be warm so after a drive jack up all sides of the car and place it on stands, Must be level. Start car again shift through gears leave it running in park, get under and remove the filler inspection hole if oil comes out its ok, if not squeeze correct fluid in the hole until it comes out just like you do on a back diff, replace bolt. You now have correct amount and can now lower the car. PS cold it will pour out that's why it has to be done hot.