Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How to compress the standard springs

forrest1992

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE Omega
Hi all im just wondering how you go about compressing the standard springs i have read some things about how you can do it to lower it but is it true that you can if so how do you do it or is it better to get new lowered king springs Cheers

WHITESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SSV
you would have to heat them up really hot and press 2 or 3 coils together but it wouldn't be worth it...you would be much better off with an after market spring kings, pedders etc

forrest1992

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE Omega
ok no worries Pedders told me $860 for just springs fitted thats abit expensive i thort it is easy to fit them yourself and just go get them alined after??

WHITESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SSV
Yeah it is easy...just time consuming...I'm going to guess your sticking with standard shocks so all you need to do is unbolt the whole strut assembly and you will need spring compressors to undo the top nut and get the springs off...have you done suspension before? $860 is pretty steep for just springs maybe try a few different shops thats $215 bucks a wheel so there is a lot of labour cost in there

forrest1992

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE Omega
i havnt done it before but gotta learn at some stage i will look into how it is done more and have a crack, im not going to go to low so i dont have to replace the standard shocks i have heard that 50mm is ok on the standard shocks

WHITESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SSV
Yeah well you can get a entire set of kings for less than $300 so your saving heaps of labour that way

forrest1992

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE Omega
yeah i had to chuckle at him on the phone when he told me $860 pretty much told him to get F*CKED (PEDDERS) also been told 1200 for spings and shocks fitted just at Bendigo tyre center for that much so ill prob do it my self as i know that those prices are high Pedders said take around 4-6hrs to fit and stuff so i can do it gives me somthing to do on a weekend

WHITESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SSV
You will feel better that you did it your self too