Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How to customise your engine cover

Lord-Data

Reaction score
Website
www.VIDGuide.com
Members Ride
Impulse Blue VE SV6
Fletch_QLD said:
Well here it is Lord-Data, the old Calais. In the last 6months I've replaced the alternator (squeaky rear bearing) Replaced the heater tap and top radiator tank - not bad since I've done over 15000k's since buying it 6months ago.

Iv'e fitted 6x9s and a sub, all driven by a large amp, but alas, it looks like the motor in the stacker is on the way out :( Oh well, just the excuse I need to fit an mp3 playing headunit

cheers

Looks awesum mate .. very well done .. I love that you've done the rocker covers as well :)

Shame about the problems, its a good car tho, you've done a helluva lot of travelling in it :)

Sounds like the stereo would kick ass too :)

Fletch_QLD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU II SS
Lord-Data said:
Looks awesum mate .. very well done .. I love that you've done the rocker covers as well :)

Shame about the problems, its a good car tho, you've done a helluva lot of travelling in it :)

Sounds like the stereo would kick ass too :)

Problems? Nah, minor maintenance issues. My brothers brand new VY spent more time getting fixed in the first six months he had it :)

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
Lord-Data said:
Sister in law is heaps artistic, i rekon this is great, but she wants to start it again after the holidays coz she's not happy with the finish.. I'm happy if she wants to, but I love it so far!

Pics:
b_001.sized.jpg

b_016.sized.jpg

I know this is a VT, and i've already posted this on the VT Forum, but since this is the first S/C Engine cover i've seen done, I thought it deserved to be here too :)

Visit my Gallery at VIDGuide to view the rest of the pics, including the nice shiney engine below without the cover!

StormTrooper battle dress ?
r u sure you're not really Lord Darth Vader ? :rofl:

pro_gmh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL
SlyVR said:
Is it possible to get a VR Engine Cover or one either from a VS and mod it onto a VR?

Yer this is also what i was looking for when i opened the thread as the first post states...

bloodylegend said:
can you get engine covers for a VR? i wanna do this.

SlyVR

Fo'sizzle....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wags
after alittle research the VR's dont have engine covers.. however...
if you where bored and wanted to paint something on the engine here is the best looking one i have seen..

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/attachment.php?attachmentid=10713&stc=1&thumb=1

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/attachment.php?attachmentid=10712&stc=1&thumb=1

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/showthread.php?t=23593 (thread it came from)

looks like i'll end up painting something like that, unless the statesman has a engine cover..

bugga lol..

hope this helps mate :b:

girlracer

HSVLADY
Reaction score
Website
www.numberplatesforyou.co.nz
Members Ride
HSV R8 vx11
Those covers look great. Im going to paint mine, but Im thinking of the reverse colours. Main colour Red and lettering maybe black. Car is red so think that could be a real girly colour.

B3NKobe

Reaction score
Members Ride
car
This thread should be stickied, its got great information in it & some great covers guys/gals!! Will get around to doing mine when I have some time, it really makes the engine look alot cleaner!

pro_gmh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL
Im gonna design and construct a cover for the BUICK v6... thats what im gonna do.