Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

how to darken VR/VS headlights

blaze

ridin dirty
Reaction score
Members Ride
SILVER BULLET
how to darken VL-VS headlights

alrite i had a look at those VS headlights u see on ebay in person the other day and this is all they have done,

The light is completely standard. The front of the glass, reflector and light bulb are not darkened or changed in any way.
They darken (used paint i guess) the area surrounding the reflector (anything that light will not rebound off) and the edges or the glass that are normally cover by car body work.
This just gives an illusion that the light has been darkened/tinted with all the lines on the head light.

They look like standard lights from a distance when standin directly infront of em but when ur standin like 30 meters they look sick and darken even more depending on what angle ur standing on.

Looks pretty simple to do. I havent done it yet but i hope some 1 on ere does and does a proper write up. i hope i have saved sum of yas $330.

I guess these also work on earlier model holdens such as VKs VBs, and u can probally darken them to what ever colour u choose eg, green, red, blue dark paint would probally work best anyway hope dis helps and this is just how it looks like how they have done it, I'd reccomend some 1 to try it out on a spare set or on ur mates car 1st.

Last edited:

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
I would imagine the job would be a real bi*ch to do. The glass on the front of the headlights would not come off easy and you would most likely do damage to them trying to separate them. If it wasnt done right, it would look like a real mess too.

nizmovk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK wagon
yeah ive done it on my vk ive also seen people colour code them but it looks in my opinion, well , not very nice at all. So it can be done, just be carefull..

nizmovk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK wagon
yeah but the pics too big and dont know how to make smaller/change mb or size. Maybe i could post alink but dunno how to do that either..

nizmovk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK wagon
this one maybe?

Attachments

• post.JPG
    post.JPG
    79.3 KB · Views: 1,059