Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How To Disable VE Seatbelt Alarm

commy fan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY ONE TONNER & VE CALAIS
I know this thread is a bit old now. But for those still looking to stop the seat belt chime the easy way.

Simply unplug the connecter at the rear of the drivers seat (underneath of course). If you raise your seat and access the rear under part of the seat you will see a white plug/connector with yellow tape on it. The plug has 2 wires (red and black). Simply unplug this and it will stop the seat belt chime.

This plug is not connected to the side air-bag in the seat. all air-bag connectors are Yellow for that reason. The side air-bag connector is towards the front of the seat (driver and passenger) on the outer edge tucked away behind the side plastic cover.

Cheers,
Phil
I've read through a lot of posts, we have a slightly different problem but maybe the fix is the same. We have a 2009 Calais which when left in the sun and you return. The passenger seatbelt alarm keeps going off with no one and nothing on the seat and can't be stopped until the cabin temperature cools down significantly. Are there the same red black wires and a connector under the passenger seat? Will disconnecting them stop the alarm?

Madmikecommy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve omega v6
just cut the red and black wires in the seat belt stork job done

Last edited:

185OSS

657MSW
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
I know this thread is a bit old now. But for those still looking to stop the seat belt chime the easy way.

Simply unplug the connecter at the rear of the drivers seat (underneath of course). If you raise your seat and access the rear under part of the seat you will see a white plug/connector with yellow tape on it. The plug has 2 wires (red and black). Simply unplug this and it will stop the seat belt chime.

This plug is not connected to the side air-bag in the seat. all air-bag connectors are Yellow for that reason. The side air-bag connector is towards the front of the seat (driver and passenger) on the outer edge tucked away behind the side plastic cover.

Cheers,
Phil
Thanks Phil (Hexem) for your solution. Just unplugged my driver's side lead to seat belt buckle, today. No more annoying dings. My alarm constantly rang whilst driving at speed. I reckon the buckle is malfunctioning. I could stop the alarm by unplugging and re-plugging the buckle or wiggling it.
I am concerned though by unplugging the lead, does it create any loss of safety features or something illegal ????
Cheers Tony

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
Go to the wreckers and cut the end off of a seatbelt and just plug it in .

mechanic

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
does it create any loss of safety features or something illegal ????
Technically the car won't pass a roadworthy check of the inspector is aware that it should be operational.

Defeating a safety device could also leave you open to trouble if the car was ever involved in a road death and an inspection was ordered by the investigator.

Some cars use the seat belt switch input to determine air bag deployment power in the case of a collision. Not sure about the VE though.

mechanic

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
Forgot to add, you can turn the seatbelt reminder off for one ignition cycle by inserting and removing the buckle twice within about two seconds.

Once you restart the car it will work normally again.

185OSS

657MSW
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Technically the car won't pass a roadworthy check of the inspector is aware that it should be operational.

Defeating a safety device could also leave you open to trouble if the car was ever involved in a road death and an inspection was ordered by the investigator.

Some cars use the seat belt switch input to determine air bag deployment power in the case of a collision. Not sure about the VE though.
Thanks for your information Mechanic. Will have to buy a replacement stork. Cheers.