Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How To Disable VE Seatbelt Alarm

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
Did you hold it in for a few seconds? If not do that and it should work.

mz81vs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec.
Wouldn't it be considered an illegal modification? Because it's interfering with a safety device? Say you had it removed and had an accident while not wearing your seatbelt, and then your insurance company finds out what you did to the car, then what? I had it when i used to have my VZ, it was annoying sure but not really a big deal. Before i move the car, my seatbelt is on. In fact it's the first thing i do when i get into the car.

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
:idea: Will try again tonight.

Tried again without success.

I held the button in for well over 10 seconds. The chime only shuts up while the button is depressed. Oh well, back to the drawing board! :bang:

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
Wouldn't it be considered an illegal modification? Because it's interfering with a safety device? Say you had it removed and had an accident while not wearing your seatbelt, and then your insurance company finds out what you did to the car, then what? I had it when i used to have my VZ, it was annoying sure but not really a big deal. Before i move the car, my seatbelt is on. In fact it's the first thing i do when i get into the car.

I dont think turning off the chime would affect insurance. Its a reminder for you to put on a safety device, it's not a safety device itself. And no one here is supporting driving around the streets with no seatbelt on, it's for those who get in and out of cars frequently at very low speeds (mechanics, people moving the car on driveway or connecting up a trailer etc.).

And yes, there are imbeciles out there who dont wear seatbelts, but just because they dont have a brain doesnt mean their insurance is void.

A selt belt chime is not a mandatory ADR compliable item. But removing or tampering with the seatbelt is defintely a not allowed.

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
Just found this thread, Unbolt your female seatbelt section, I dont remember if the VE has 1 wire running out of it, You need to ground that wire an it'll tell the computer its got a plug in it.

Cos from memory all the seatbelt clip does is ground when it goes in.

Cheers
MaT

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
Just found this thread, Unbolt your female seatbelt section, I dont remember if the VE has 1 wire running out of it, You need to ground that wire an it'll tell the computer its got a plug in it.

Cos from memory all the seatbelt clip does is ground when it goes in.

Cheers
MaT

Sounds good in theory.

I'm just waiting for somebody else to try it and tell us if it works!

yZoH

Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
Sounds good in theory.

I'm just waiting for somebody else to try it and tell us if it works!

Did it on the old work ute, Coz we'd always drive it around work/where we did jobs, it beeped if car was moving at any speed if seatbelt was not connected.

Just be sure to get a multimeter on it but from memory we just ground the wire on the driver seatbelt.

yZoH

Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')