Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How To Disable VE Seatbelt Alarm

tigervh

SS.....smokin....!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Tiger Mica EFI VH, VZ SS, XC Barina SRI
For one thing, there's too much safety crap. If you are a dip-**** and don't wear your seatbelt then who gives a rats if you peg out or get fined:

The poor bastard who has to drag your lifeless shattered body from the wreck and collect the remnants of your small brain that have been smeared across the windscreen probably will give a rats arse!

Oh and your family too!

HEXEM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6
I know this thread is a bit old now. But for those still looking to stop the seat belt chime the easy way.

Simply unplug the connecter at the rear of the drivers seat (underneath of course). If you raise your seat and access the rear under part of the seat you will see a white plug/connector with yellow tape on it. The plug has 2 wires (red and black). Simply unplug this and it will stop the seat belt chime.

This plug is not connected to the side air-bag in the seat. all air-bag connectors are Yellow for that reason. The side air-bag connector is towards the front of the seat (driver and passenger) on the outer edge tucked away behind the side plastic cover.

Cheers,
Phil

RayLamp

Gone Fishin'...
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V Redline and LTZ RG Colorado
I've just re-read this thread. The only thing I would want to modify is the start up beeps, if you start your car without the seatbelt in. Nothing else. Keep the warnings active if the car is moving.... I just dont want those annoying beeps on starting the car.

I know you can get around it by putting in your seatbelt first, then start the car. When I do that, the eery silence is awkward! So used to the bloody beeps being so loud that they have now started to distort the speaker they come out of!

Fark - jus the start up beeps, Holden! At least give us the option for that! Putting on my seatbelt isnt the first thing I naturally do when getting in the car! But its always on before I drive the car!

HEXEM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6
By disconnecting the plug I mentioned it will only stop the ding,ding,ding,ding for the seat belt when you dont connect it before starting the car.

It does not disable any other warnings dings!!! for faults etc. Ray if your not to sure which one it is, more than happy for you to drop over and I can help you out if you like? But it is pretty easy...

Cheers
Phil

philsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sv6
wheres the speaker for the Ves? it doesnt go through the sound systems does it? the seatbelt alarm isnt too bad, only sometimes enoying, but the start up chimes do my head in many of times.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
even my 1 year old girl thinks the beeps are annoying. She was just learning to talk when i bought the car, one day i told her we were going out in daddy's car and she says... "Daddy's car says beep beep beep". What could i say, I just agreed.

HEXEM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6
How To Disable VE Seatbelt Alarm (or VE startup chime)

wheres the speaker for the Ves? it doesnt go through the sound systems does it? the seatbelt alarm isnt too bad, only sometimes enoying, but the start up chimes do my head in many of times.

The chime speaker in behind the dash (instrument cluster).

I am only refering to the VE model. I am not sure on previous models.

The start up chimes are caused by the seatbelt not clipped in. If you put your seatbelt on before starting the car it wont chime (unless you have some other feature).

Just as a heads up for those wanting to disable the startup chime (due to your seatbelt no plugged in) If you disconnect the plug as I explained earlier, it will also disable the seatbelt indicator on the dash which starts to flash after a couple of minutes if you don't have your belt on.

Cheers
Phil

ads72

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs acclaim 3.8
has anyone tried this

wooddyy85

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS UTE
Yes what he is saying is correct, i have disabled mine. All you have to do is undo the little conection under the seat it is the one wrapped up in yellow tape. takes 2 seconds.