Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How To Disable VE Seatbelt Alarm

bradcav

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Ute
Thanks Phil, I have been dealing with the start-up beeps for 3 years now and it's nice to have silence when i start the ute up :)

kyone

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE CALAIS V
I have a 2007 VE V Calais and cannot identify what connector to unplug. My drivers seat has a few electric motors and memory storage controller unit.

I "REALLY" dislike all the beeping.. makes me feel like an idiot, as though I need to be constantly reminded. Is there also a way to disable the beep every time I change the transmission from drive to reverse etc ?

HEXEM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6
It's the white connector at the furtherest point under the drivers seat. It will/may have yellow tape around it. You can trace the wires (2 black wires) from the left side of the plug going to the seatbelt clip next to the centre console. All airbag (SRS) deployment wiring is colour coded with yellow plugs etc.

I'll try and take a photo of it over the weekend so you can see it.

kyone

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE CALAIS V
I found it thanks.. more obvious then I thought... the yellow tape is the giveaway :) I've just upgraded from a 1990 VQ statesman to a 2007 VE Calais. I had done heaps of electrical mods on the statesman.. now just done my first on my Calais !

mad macks

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Ute S2
thanks HEXEM i have just disconnected mine it used to annoy the s*** out of me

bdc74

Reaction score
Members Ride
N/A Yet
Hope this helps. I just did it and works a treat. Thanks for the info!
391b0aed.jpg

6cd33a85.jpg

This was on my 08 VE SSV Wagon. The yellow tape is located in the middle of the seat on the rearmost bar so if you get in the back, push drivers seat fully forward and look up, you will see the yellow tape right in front of you. You don't need undo the tape, just push down on a white tab at the top of the plug and pull the red/black wires to the left and it will easily come out.

Good luck.

HEXEM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6
bdc74, That's the one. Thanks for posting the picture of the plug. :)

dinnzyvrv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr v8 calias
there should be two wires at the seat belt stork inside the pastic bit find them and cut it it acts like a pos neg when belt goes in cuts that curcuit but i dont know why :hmmm: you would want too do that anyway put the belt on its safer isnt it :hmmm:

SV6.07

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6 Nitrate & 2011 VE SV6 Poison Ivy
Simply unplug the connecter at the rear of the drivers seat (underneath of course). If you raise your seat and access the rear under part of the seat you will see a white plug/connector with yellow tape on it. The plug has 2 wires (red and black). Simply unplug this and it will stop the seat belt chime.

This plug is not connected to the side air-bag in the seat. all air-bag connectors are Yellow for that reason. The side air-bag connector is towards the front of the seat (driver and passenger) on the outer edge tucked away behind the side plastic cover.