Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How To Disable VE Seatbelt Alarm

kyone

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE CALAIS V
but i dont know why :hmmm: you would want too do that anyway put the belt on its safer isnt it :hmmm:

I always put on my seat belt.. but I use my brain to remind me.. I don't need my car to beep at me every time I put my key in the ignition.

m1lky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
The passenger one in the ve is really annoying. Although it works. You start putting in the seatbelt immediately

Johnsy

★★★★★
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Wagon & VF SV6 Ute
You could always remove the speaker that does the start up beeps instead ?

HoldenOnn

Roll Cage Territory
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais Series 2 HBD V6 Sedan 2004
You could always remove the speaker that does the start up beeps instead ?

Isn't that same speaker in the dash used also for other warnings like the handbrake on warning when moving plus others?

I haven't read this thread fully, but are people definetely sure that unplugging this plug will not stop any safety features from working during a crash such as seat belt pretensioners or active head restraints etc?

BigBoss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
It makes sense that it would not effect the safety because it is just tricking your car in to thinking that you always had the seatbelt on and hence no difference to any other crash..... I think

mad macks

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Ute S2
I found out that you have to disconnect the passenger seat white 2 pin plug as well to stop the chime from coming on.
What a relief from that annoying noise though ! ! !

Woody263

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS UTE
If u do what i do which is jump in the drivers seat, turn the key to build up oil pressure an warm it up or start driving off before putting ur seat belt on (habbit an cant break it). and want wat i want which is to stop the dinging noise without unplugging the seat belt plug which stops the airbag from working. all u have to do is go to ebay type in seat belt extension an buy one for as little as $5.00. this way it it tricks ur car into thinking ur seat belt is always on and leaves all ur safety an warning buzzers intact. simple yet very effective.
start up in piece fellas.

Woody263

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS UTE
Buy a seatbeld extention for $5 off ebay. car thinks the seat belt is always on an all warnings and the airbag still works. no modifying. simple yet effective

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7

Turtle2388

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Hey would you even want to? The only cars I think it's fair enough is a hilux or something for blokes on the land doing cattle or something no need for a seat belt getting in and out all the time.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2