Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

how to divert power steering fluid

91luxy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs v6 commodore&vs v6 91 hilux 4x4
ok delco hay, im getting there but i cant wait to put up a vid of it all going in the mud awesome
ill try the light when its running
and there is still the prob with the wiring im going to have to work out wy the engine starts fine only when power is applied to the violet fuel pump feed and dies when i cut power to that

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
the violet wire is the fuel pump feed, you cant take power off that or it will stall! That violet wire is the one from the "fuel pump relay" on the schematic. The relay is run from the ecu and it holds power to the pump once the engine is running, and stops it when the engine is shutdown. Have you installed that relay aswell?

91luxy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs v6 commodore&vs v6 91 hilux 4x4
yes i have
im going to Finnish my diagram which will illustrate all the ins and outs of both vehicles and more importantly the way i have installed it

the violet wire is the fuel pump feed, you cant take power off that or it will stall!(this violet wire is getting power from the relay and the relay is getting power from ecu & when i turn the keys on ign the pump primes for different times approx 30sec's &some times less) That violet wire is the one from the "fuel pump relay" on the schematic.
The relay is run from the ecu so if it starts on ign then wy would it not function as it should
and how does the ecu know when theres sufficient fuel pressure
also where does the ecu get its signal from in order for it to apply power to the pump
the other thing is the F/P is from a vx commo

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
What you have said there is right. The fuel pump primes the lines when you turn the ignition on, via the ecu turning on the fuel pump realay. It only should run the fuel pump relay for rougly 5-10 seconds or so to prime the lines. All it does is pressurise the lines, the ecu has no idea what the fuel rail pressure is. Fuel pressure is simply maintained by the fuel pressure regulator on the fuel rail(i think its on the rail, if not somwhere nearby). The fuel is simply pumped up to the rails and the unused fuel is bled through the pressure regulator and returned to the fuel tank.

Im not exactly sure what the ecu uses to tell it that the engine is running, i assume it would be a combination of seeing accesories power and airflow through the MAF sensor or somthing along those lines. Could even be a feedback off the dfi module to say its running. But really im only guessing, Delcowizzard would know the answer to that. But once the ecu knows the engine has fired then it holds power to fuel pump relay.

VX fuel pump is fine, should be no issues with that.