Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How To Do A Burnout

Gobbles

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim Series II
Because i dont plan on doing burnouts every minute of the day :p

ChRiDDa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-Z Sportwagon
ahh its great being able to go from a standing start, boot it n get wheel spin, n lots of it! none of this tyre screech n then get tracting, its constant wheelspin with 235 rubber too!
easiest way, put some 14 or 15" stockies on the back
lol

krizko

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina
your car must have issues. my vr berlina lights em up without brakes or turning the wheels. thats with 17's and new tyres. i do however, need to use the brakes when the car is very hot.

Bec

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6L Wagon
Seeing as thread is dug up...here's my 2c

Got the VP with goodyear rubber...standing burnouts piece of cake (not big ones, just enough to know that it does it).

Put sticky tyres on 2 months ago. I can still do it but its bloody hard, even in the wet, and I'm not that keen anyway (getting old) :) Same story with VS. And in the VP if I turn right the right rear spins. Turn left and the car nearly throws me off the road it grips that much. Left wheel wont spin even when its the inside wheel :confused: I believe this defies the rules of non lsd

There is no way you could get mums VX to do a standstill.

G

gold_vs

you spoke about your vs having stage fright doing burnouts, in my experience i would say its just your engine getting a little hot, i've found that straight after i finish work or like you said first thing in the morning it bags up easy BUT if i've been driving around for a few hours e.p. when giving my car a thrashing it has trouble doing burnouts and may only rev out to 2000 rpm before it regains traction.

i think it has to do with the engine temp.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
My 2c, VR wouldnt do one to save itself, replaced the pads and new rotors.........call the fire brigade that mans cars on fire:yeah:
The pads where worn enought to be constantly trailing on the disc!!
AirStrike :air:

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
And if your doing burnouts first thing in the morning then your cars going to love you.

I can't believe this threads still going, its like a bogans oath or something.
How to encourage driving like a tool

poida

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Caprice
I have a VR V8 IRS and burn-outs are hard to do. Just as you described sits there at 2 grand (yes in an 8) mind you after about 10 seconds of sitting there it finally got some rubber down and got a bit more slippery. Then it went to town and created a bushfire worth of smoke to be prowd of. The problem is the driveline became slightly more slack after that. Not a good thing. So I only did it once. Don't waste ur money and driveline doing it.
IRS is great for handling and grip. I can turn a corner under full throlltle and it just caines around it. Much rather have it than the live axle. Something to be said about rear camber!!

Bec

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6L Wagon
I've actually found live axle to corner much better than IRS. I could be wrong, but if you think of the mechanics of it, it makes sense....
Bec :wave:

poida

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Caprice
How do you figure that Bek?
The IRS has camber which you can't get on live axels. This gives the wheel better grip into a corner. Also the torque reaction the live axel has that allows it to do a burn-out is not there in IRS which provides better grip on the drivers side because it's not lifting that wheel. The other thing is the wheels operate independantly of each other and handle bumps a bit better.
That's the reason HSV went with IRS, and eventually Holden's complete range as well. Think about it.