Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How To Do A Burnout

raZel

The ride for life
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V - V8
Guys, i have kinda the same problem.....i have VS Esteem, i dont have ABS and i dont have LSD....but for some reason i can't seem to get a decent stand still or any kind of side ways action going, i can get plenty sideways in the wet but not in the dry.....i can be completely stationary and plant my foot on the accelarator and get not even a wheel spin....wtf is goin on?

Infus10n

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Captiva (Work Demo)
My 95 VS does burnouts easily.

Kerep car in drive, hold brake, accelerate, wheel spins, lots of smoke no problems... slides in the wet, even sldies into poles in the wet :(

Havent tried in the dry, never will!

spacattack

THE ENFORCER!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Custom VN
lol ok i have a stock VN "S" 91 model (no im not petespac as many ppl have asked :ranting: ) cold air intake KnN air filter not much but i had the bigest problem with gettin a decent wheel spin took it to a mate he got underneath it for like 10mins said now try i took it for a drive( with 3 ppl in the back me and a passanger) and was able to get a good line lockie happenin also some good sideways action asked him what he did he said he cut or clamped the rear brakes??? (as i have no idea what this means lol) but the diff has me confused did a stand still the other day :yeah: no brake just planted it in the old slug of an auto got alot of smoke out the frount of me house :yeah: came back bout an hour later it looks like one tyre has started to spin left a line fpor about 2 meters then stops then looks like the other tyre did the same thing then did it again with the other side i though stocko vn diffs could only spin on wheel ( left wheel i think someone told me or is this bullshit)??

K

kruzin vp

i got a vp berlina, it smokes it up, i just put the car on an angle full lock brakes then release slowey and it doesnt hav any probs :)

V

VLCalais+VXSS

My VL N/A RB30, no LSD, does a decent two legger with ease, hold it at 4000rpm in Nuetral then tap it into drive n she kicks out n smokes up with ease... but she doesnt hold for long, by the time i've checked the rev counter she's allready 30 meters up and got traction, line lockies r another story, i've bin told by my mechanic the rear brakes are awfull strong in VL's, she just wont do em, (unless its wet) :D

mitch01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX exec. ser.1
start looking for new discs

I chewed through a perfectly good set of rear brake discs (yes discs, not pads) doing line lockies in my previous car so its probably not such a good idea to do them anyway.
Plus its common knowledge that any VS above exec spec won't do em' anyway because they have different brake system than previous models, which won't let one wheel spin while the other doesn't. :( damn holden engineers taking the fun outta commies i reckon.........

D

damo15

VS commodore wagon

well im a 17 yo d**k head that continusly rips skids

and i just like 2 say my vs wagon can do line lockies with ease and my mates love it lol well anywayz im gonna shut up now laterz

O

ozute

Go for it

G'day guys. First post!

I reckon burnouts are unreal to watch, and I'd prefer to hang out with guys doing that than guys seeing how fast they can get up to before the next set of lights. Spin em, fry em, enjoy, as long as no-one else is put out who cares? The stats for drivers killed by speeding or drink driving far outweight those killed by doing burnouts!

Last edited by a moderator:

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Welcome to the forums, me and you are gonna get along juuuuust fine.

Why is everyone calling standstills 'line lockers', as, a line locker is something that clamps your brakes! Which will infact save your rear brakes, and pads. note, my brand new slotted disks and new pads are still, brand new, but i have a manual, so no need to use the brakes!

ALL VS V6s can do burnouts, you just need some help to get there.

I prefer Ringies to standstills, but still have a line locker fitted to a switch, just incase.

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
hey guys i have a VL berlina with a lock diff and it spins no trouble... because its an auto sometimes it takes a couple of seconds for the rpm to build up the same sorta thing u had troubles with, but mate wait till the rpm builds up a bit and she crabwalks like a monsta from summernats... the only trouble i have now is getting tyres to last more than 3 minutes,Jafo u think doughnuts are fun in an lsd try a locker!