Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How To Do A Burnout

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
VLCalais+VXSS said:
My VL N/A RB30, no LSD, does a decent two legger with ease, hold it at 4000rpm in Nuetral then tap it into drive n she kicks out n smokes up with ease... but she doesnt hold for long, by the time i've checked the rev counter she's allready 30 meters up and got traction, line lockies r another story, i've bin told by my mechanic the rear brakes are awfull strong in VL's, she just wont do em, (unless its wet) :D

mate what drugs are you on? vl's wont do line lockers? i laugh at you... i also laugh at you for destroying your gearbox by slamming it from neutrel to drive like you do because it wont last long!

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
what drugs are you on? I explained previosly, Line lockers are a hydrolic mechanism that clamp off your brakes. your thinking standstill, and i assure you, N/A auto VLs can do them, 1 wheel, 2 wheels, either. Its more the driver, not the car.

About his trans though, i'd have to agree, i N - D'd once, and never again. but now i buy manuals only.

walesy

Reaction score
Members Ride
well i have been callin them line lockers for years and although it may be correct "standstills" sound stupid to me especially because you are not standing still, unless you are inexperienced and cannot use brake/accelerator control properly to keep the car moving whilst keeping the rear bags spinning, any fool with half a brain can fry a tyre "on the spot" but thats boring.
use some creativity.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
I'm far from an amature, i can do burnouts in any car, but find your term wierd (as you do mine) as i have line lockers fitted to my car, although, i must be god, doing line lockers with line lockers.

heres some of my 'creative' work....

2.jpg

Indy_387

Reaction score
:rofl:

I'll back up Stealthy on this one, I've seen him in action... he's knows what he's doing.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Indy_387 said:
:rofl:

I'll back up Stealthy on this one, I've seen him in action... he's knows what he's doing.
Ahhh, i can't say i've seen you see me?
when was this?

Also, a mate of mine, liked my car a little, so i wrote TOM on the road for him. The T is a bit like an upside down L, as a locked diff doesn't do single lines too good (unless its $$$$ed). I don't have pics, as i don't most of my work. For instance, where i used to work, the road is about 400 metres long, i was bored one night with a set of stockies, so i thought, and proceeded to go from one end of the road, gutter to gutter. I have a thing with light poles, so every 'gutter' was in line with a light pole. Then i went along a bit more, and did a donut in every driveway (in the middle of the road, but inline with the driveway). It was a good decision in the end, as every morning when i rocked up, i saw it, and had a little bit more motivation for the day.

Burnouts are my life! I pride myself on a decent skid, and will gladly take anyone here for a spin.

oh, and those figure 8s, were for a mates Birthday, and used a set of half treaded tyres. Funnily enough, i stopped the burnout befre they blew, but using every last bit of tread.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
87rb30devil - Don't mean to get personal, but thats a mighty fine sig you've got, even with similarities to mine.

heres a pic i've had for a while, which used to be my avatar
minispool.bmp

walesy

Reaction score
Members Ride
i wasnt calling YOU a fool STEALTHY nor did i say YOU had a lack of creativity... (those burnouts would have taken a lot of skill, im impressed) i was talking about the people who think that a burnout is just sitting on the spot while frying tyres, you want creativity and dareing i havnt got any photos but when a group of us including the www.rfboom.com lads left figure 8's and doughnuts out the front of a south coast nsw police station. they might have some pics of it on their sight.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
87rb30devil said:
i wasnt calling YOU a fool STEALTHY nor did i say YOU had a lack of creativity... (those burnouts would have taken a lot of skill, im impressed) i was talking about the people who think that a burnout is just sitting on the spot while frying tyres, you want creativity and dareing i havnt got any photos but when a group of us including the www.rfboom.com lads left figure 8's and doughnuts out the front of a south coast nsw police station. they might have some pics of it on their sight.

Sorry dude, thought you were meaning me, as i was saying i call them standstills, then you said anyone can sit on the spot.

anyway, ringies out the front of a cop shop isn't that bid a deal, Been there done that. But i prefer one car, not groups, although, better in groups to get away, they can't catch you all.
Not sure about using oil for burnouts though, never really had to!