Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How to drain ls1 totally.

Newera.aesthetics

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf black edition
On the VT VX #drain... have the heater set to high run the motor for a min and then get a suitable bucket place under lower radiator hose, undo the lower radiator hose.

#flush take off the in and out heater hoses and with the garden hose or if possible pressurized soft water flush the heater box until it runs clear then remove top radiator hose and stick hose in lower opening and back flush the radiator, then if need be flush the block, then refit everything. and add red coolant (better for alloy blocks) mixed with soft water which include rain water, De-mineralized water and distilled water. The LS1 will self purge the air out when in park hold at 1.8k for a couple of mins with the overflow tank lid off.
Hey I have done that exact thing and my temp gauge fluctuates. Sometimes the coolant is pressurized and will buoy up and down on throttle control, I think there's a blockage in a few pipes but I can't seem point my finger on it.. I let it idle for a few minutes and drove it for a bit and it sat under half on gauge, then just rocketed to over half.. its as if there's a block somewhere and the engines not getting enough coolant .. help ?

griezy

Reaction score
Members Ride
1982 VH SL-X Wagon
has anyone made a video of the full step by step of correct way to flush and refill,yet