Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

how to fix a strange promblem

vsl67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS l67 statesman
I use to have a vp Berlina ,which developed a strange promblem when driving,the dash ligths and sterio fuse kept blowing with out warning, literaly leave me driving without any way off see my instruments ,every time I replaced the fuses it would last a day or two and happen again ,after weeks of trying to track the promblem down without success, I was again changing fuses when for some reason I thought I would check the fuse block mounting screws and guess what they were loose and what had been happening was every time I hit a bump hard enough the fuse block bounced and shorted out the fuses
Any one else had strange problems they have fixed ?

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
Aftermarket stereo? Could be some dodgy wiring in there, I've seen all sorts :p

vsl67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS l67 statesman
no it was defiantly the promblem never did another fuse after I tighten the screws

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
Sounds like some of the wires in the fusebox were probably not gripping tightly onto the fuses, and when the fuse box jumped around, the terminals touched, separated, and touched again, causing a bit of a spike and a blown fuse. Maybe. :p