Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VR-VS] How To Fix A VN-VS Boot Water Leak

smidey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS WM 6L
mine has rotted out under the spare wheel. I have also looked but could not find any leak, it couldn't just be condensation could it?

mattc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP S-pack
FXS, Nice one brother!!!

Was trawling through the post hoping someone would have done that!!

Ice101

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Clubsport
I'll be using this how-to tomorrow ladies. Wish me luck :)

ChRiDDa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-Z Sportwagon
Almost 8 years ago I created this thread! Just noticed that the pictures aren't working! Will endeavour to get them up shortly

Macca177

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman V8
Heya - sorry for the dig, but does this work for a Statesman VS in particular too?

j_ds_au

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS T4
It's a shame none of the pictures show up, and I at least, don't even get the links as described by kopper69.

However, I have found a way to retrieve the original images via the Internet Archive. See here :
https://web.archive.org/web/20060904113331/http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/scfaq/window/?N=A

When I have the time, I'll have to check if this is the problem with my own VS.

Finally, I must take exception to two little things :
- The claim that silicone promotes rust. That is only with the acetic-cure type, not the neutral-cure type.
- The method described for removing the rear seat bottom. The official method is to push the lower front edge of the seat backward and upward on each side, about a foot in from the door, so as to disengage the two retaining clips. Then the whole thing just lifts out from the front. (Note, from VT onward, a completely different retention system and removal method applies.)

Joe.

ChRiDDa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-Z Sportwagon
Wow... 16 years and 53,000 views since I made this post! How times have changed!

Many thanks to j_ds_au for retrieving those images! Thought they were gone forever! :D

I've edited the original post to include the images in the relevant areas. Unfortunately, I can only add 10 images

Mods - Possible to make an exception for this thread to allow me to upload the remaining images to the original post, rather than making a supplementary post some 9 pages later?