Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How To Fix Fault Codes 32 and 97

Gilly91

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute
I've just run a fault code test on my VS ute and it came up with 32 (Manifold Air Flow Sensor) and 97 (Canister Purge Solenoid and/or /Circuit). I was wondering if anyone could let me know how to fix these problems. I'd like to learn how to do it myself.

Also, when accelerating there is no power and sounds like its running on 5 cylinders until the revs finally get up then it kicks in like normal. I haven't checked the plugs but was wondering if this would be because of the fault codes I'm getting.

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Sounds like you may have a vacuum hose off somewhere - look carefully aroung the charcoal canister where the vacuum hoses attach and also around the throttle body - you may need to remove the engine cover to check all the hoses. Make sure they are not split or pulled off.
If a hose is off/split it can cause the problems you describe.
And welcome to the forum.

rod3185

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
i also have error code 97 on my vs, changed the purge canister solenoid and the error code is still there and so is the rough spluttering take off until about 2000rpm, any idea?

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
i also have error code 97 on my vs, changed the purge canister solenoid and the error code is still there and so is the rough spluttering take off until about 2000rpm, any idea?
I was getting this code at one stage with my VSV6, mine caused heaps rough running when starting from cold, I renewed the solenoid with a new genuine solenoid and the code went away. I think I paid around $120 for a new genuine solenoid from holden. Try another solenoid as the replacement may be faulty, and check all the wiring and connectors etc. The ECU controls this solenoid, so theres a small chance it may also be faulty if theres no other problems.

rod3185

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
thanks for the reply, there is a solenoid on ebay right now for $50 i will just have to bite the bullet and replace it again