Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VR-VS] How To: Fix the VS V6 4 Wire O2 sensor earth problem – Known Holden Problem

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Cheers for the feedback, glad its sorted ur issues and brought ur fuel consumption back down :)

-=ApheX=-

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 3.8l Exec
Tip of the hat to you Ephect! I've done exactly as you've described and am now getting terrific fuel economy! Last long trip I made in my 95 series 1 VS vacationer V6, the fuel in the tank from full to roughly 30kms left in tank, I achieved 680kms highway driving compared to the 460ish I was getting... For a 20year old car that's just too good!
BTW I know this maybe an old thread and be criticized for thread digging but this info is very relevant and highly recommend any able person to consider this earth fix.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Hey Aphex, glad this threads still useful and being used. Simple mod for a great result.

Did u end up sorting out ur noise/hum?

-=ApheX=-

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 3.8l Exec
No mate I haven't, and getting a video with audio of this happening is proving a little difficult. I take the serpentine belt off, tick her over and wait recording away hoping that it won't take long. So yeah, to no avail i'm afraid. I'm looking forward to that one suggestion or comment that'll blow my world and sort it out for me but it is what it is!

Anyways Thanks again! Fantastic How-to! I've recommended friends, family and my partner whom all own VS commodores, to get amoungst it, get there hands dirty and let that wave of prideful completion take over!

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Hi i have error 13 on my VR. I had the issue then fitted a new sensor yet the problem remains. What could it be since the fix is not for VRs?

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Hey mate, I don't believe this affects the vr, only the Ecotech vs. might be worth a shot but not confident it'll did your fault

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Gonna replace the plug and see what happens. Also bought cable to replace the signal wire and ground if the plug swap doesn't sort things.