Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HOW TO GET 20% POWER INCREASE FOR VZ COMMODORE ALLOYTECH V6

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
Boost

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Question is, is it an LE0 or an LY7 powered VZ?

H

harrop.senator

If it's an ly7 getting the torque management turned off will make a huge difference! The throttle body doesn't open over half way under 3500 even at full throttle.

That, plenum spacer and a 3.46 diff is the ticket.

H

harrop.senator

Trust me 190 with the torque management they run in the tune still needs it.

A 3.8 litre tows better then the 190. You have to bury your foot to deep with the alloytec and then it'll usually kick down two gear because it's done nothing and you're at 4.5k because of a slight hill.

I still haven't got mine tuned but I've had other mates tune there's. I was waiting til I'd done everything else to mine. ( Intake , headers , exhaust and short diff. )

Diff has been the only worthwhile mod so far. Headers and exhaust added a bit of grunt but it's too loud and sounds bad. With a lot of different silencers in the system .

If I didn't have a rusty catback and a blocked cat I'd have put the original system back on.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Any reason we are typing in ALL CAPITAL LETTERS?

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
3.6L ALLOYTECH, UNMOLESTED.
THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF OF THESE V6 MOTORS INSTALLED IN YOUR MODEL OF CAR. THERE ARE EVEN MORE DIFFERENT TYPES FITTED TO OTHER MODELS.

FOR US TO HELP YOU GET 20% MORE POWER YOU NEED TO POP THE BONNET AND LOOK AT THE BUILD PLATE NEAR THE LEFT HEADLIGHT WHICH SAYS WHICH KIND OF ALLOYTEC MOTOR YOU HAVE IN YOUR VZ.

WE CAN THEN GO ON TO BREAK THE NEWS HOW THE 20% MORE WILL COST YOU AROUND $10000 to cam, boost, and headwork requiring a full rebuild of your motor.

Personally, I’d go on a nice holiday or take ourselves out for a meal, pay off more of the house and maybe get a handy price of equipment for the garage with that money on a V6 VZ.