Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How to get a new key?

C

charged6_vsacclaim

i got a new key head from holden then went to a locksmith and they changed the key over then told me to put the key in the ignition turn to reds for 30 seconds turn off again then start the car and it worked no programming tools neccesary

mrs.vr

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt commodore
2 years with a broken key...haha haha

The same problem happened to us haha on our wedding night.. drunk maid bridesmaid out key broke and we had to put it back together with zip ties we had this like, this for 2 years lol it was our little safety feature we had to lock and unlock the car to start it every time but recently got it fixed, booked into holden springwood they had the car half a day and fixed for $90 inc. GST there is people that come out too u also but im assume will cost extra :) brooke

willowVS

WiLlOwVS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS executive
yeah i had the same problem... i rang alchin security locksmiths n they came to my house n gave me a new 1 for $88 it took the bloke lyk 15mins

Shaneus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
I asked a locksmith (Glenferie) and he sed for a new key cut, head and programed it would be $75, and if your key doesnt work you have 2 call holden assist to get your 6 digit code they use to program the key.

drewins

swear word
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore wagon
$80 for everything, brand new key. Including "programming labour".

evil_monkey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
there was an awesome seller on ebay but he's not a registered user anymore i bought a 2 button remote head with a blank key for $26 inc postage and holden programmed it for $15

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Sounds like I got stitched......$99 just for the head and "programming".

Bloody dealers.

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
most dealers charge $85 to $100 to supply & program a new remote.
keys can be got on Ebay for $35 plus postage.

woever was elling them for $26 was way cheap, thats cost price to someone who buys $200,000 worth at a time.

Rob

evil_monkey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
yeah i thought it was dodgy at $26 he was selling a fair bit of new gear real cheap and then all of a sudden was not a registered user, maybe he worked at holden and was giving the stuff a 5 finger discount it came vaccume sealed with a GM sticker on the package