Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How To Get My Vs Running As New

Gobbles

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim Series II
as above.......i ask alot of questoins but i was wondering how i could get it to run as new cos i get beaten by a lancer GLXi with an exhaust ......beaten being at the start then i chew him at the end but still he shouldnt be able to pull on me

OSL-060

Banned
Reaction score
hahaha that's a sad moment in motoring history . Sure the Lancer is an injected 4 and most probably manual but the VS should of eaten it or at least not let it pull away down low. Poor old Goobles got gobbled basically

Good service with the works, cat back mandrel bent 2.5" with a good muffler, resonator and some 3.45:1 diff gears to make up for the little bit of bottom end you lose with the 2.5"

Considerably cheap (about $650 max) and you'll have your baby seeking revenge.

I didn't make a huge list as it's all been covered before and I'm guessing your just after that little bit extra.

Jake.

Gobbles

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim Series II
it is quite sad........+ the lancer is auto i dont understand it
ahh well thanks for the start.....ill look at getting it all done next week

G

Grantis1976

Take it in to Holden, and get them to hook up the diognostics computer.
It will reset everything back to factory specs, doesnt hurt if motor is stock, or even slighty modified.
Hunt down the prick driving the lancer, and find out how much "bottle" he/she is using. Not sure where u from, but I've been done by a "bottle "in the boot.
Good Luck !!!

Gobbles

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim Series II
nope he is a mate of mine from bunnigns where i work.....its got a k&n panel filter and a tuned exhaust and there is no way that he should be able to beat me imo......i need to line him up on a straight stretch of road and not at the lights turning a corner
cos i know it will be a lot different

OSL-060

Banned
Reaction score
Cheap quick thought-

Tank up with Optimax, then reset the ECU. I watched an ECU 'relearn' on a dyno with different fuel and it's quite amazing. Reset the ECU by disconnecting the battery for 10-20 seconds then hook it back up.

Not seat of your pants power but it will run a bit better thats for sure.

Jake

MaNiac_VP

Mr Moderator !
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VPII Calais
Line em up on a dragstip and see how good that Lancer does when its whole 2.0 litres of engine capacity stares blankly at 100km/h plus!

Gobbles

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim Series II
optimax eh.....i used nothing but BP ultimate since i got the car.....come to think of it i dont even know where a shell is around here cept for ages away
maniac vp i got him to come to willowbank next time there is a test n tune......he might beat me from the start but im thinking ill chew him in the end then he cant say ****

G

Grantis1976

Mrs Grantis1976 use to drive a Barina, and from a standing start, around a corner, I not suprised. Extra weight in Commie, Barina would come closs in the corners, find it easier to drive f.w.d. cars fast thru corners.
As soon as the weight gets a chance to transfer onto the rear wheels, it "see.ya!"
Unless its a genuine EVO lancer, which LOVE breathing mods, if u get the same result in a straight line, find somewhere to have a sacraficial burning of ur car!
Good Luck !!!