Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

how to get power out of a n/a 3.8 buick

Reaction score
Members Ride
1981 3.8L VC Commodore
Simply i want to know how to milk the power out of these classic motors...my vc commodore has one out of a vr and it already has the plenum removed from the manifold, high flow panel filter, mendrel bent 2.5 inch exhaust-straight through cat, straight through muffler and a glass pack hotdog, plans are to fit an OTRCAI, camshaft and rockers....what else would get power while keeping it naturally aspirated and not breaking the bank?

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
i presume he means bellmouth

GetToDaChopa

Blues Brother # 2
Reaction score
Members Ride
The Blues Mobile
The usual story, people want power without putting in the $$$, KW cost $$$.

You could get it tuned, and also try saving some weight, remove all the seats, little things like that should help you.

rocco555

Reaction score
Members Ride
E46 M3
yeah seats are over rated, get rid of them

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Simply i want to know how to milk the power out of these classic motors...my vc commodore has one out of a vr and it already has the plenum removed from the manifold, high flow panel filter, mendrel bent 2.5 inch exhaust-straight through cat, straight through muffler and a glass pack hotdog, plans are to fit an OTRCAI, camshaft and rockers....what else would get power while keeping it naturally aspirated and not breaking the bank?

More capacity via extra pistons would be your best bang for buck.

Reaper