Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How to get rid of 24hr clock?

PhantomVE

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV e2 Clubsport R8
Hi Guys,
I have read through the car manual and played around with the radio countless times but can't figure out how to get 12hr time instead of 24hr time. Anyone able to help?

I know its possible because i have seen the clock in 12hr time in other VEs. - Also my stereo cut out and turned itself back on for some unknown reason last night and came back as "6:04pm" instead of "18:04". In the morning it was back to the old 24hr :bang:

vicarious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SV6 SPORTWAGON
Turn the ignition key to accessories

Make sure the audio unit is switched off with just the time and date on display.

Press the right arrows on the track button, the right arrows on the disc button and the volume/power button on the right all at the same time and hold. Hold for about 7 to 10 seconds.

The unit will now display on the LCD screen ‘Service Mode’ and then automatically go into its menu. It will time out in about 10 seconds if you don’t action the menu.

The menu will display among other things the 12/24 hour clock mode. Scroll with the menu button on the left and use it the same as you would for your normal menu operations.

Once the setting has been changed exit out. When you do, the audio unit will start to load the first disc if you have any in the player. It will take about 20 seconds to reset itself so be patience.

PhantomVE

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV e2 Clubsport R8
That's awesome!

Its been bugging me since i got the car, i just followed your instructions and fixed it.

I new it would be something technical like that.

Thanks Mate,
Dave

vicarious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SV6 SPORTWAGON
no worries dave:thumbsup:

mov

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS V IGNITION
Cool, don't need it but did not know it existed - thanks.