Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How to get to bottom of fuel tank vs ute

Jackos94

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz crewman
I have a lwb Ute how do I get to the fuel tank as I believe there is a fuel leak on a fuel line at the bottom, I also have an lpg tank sitting on the top of the tray so I’m hoping I don’t have to go through the top.

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
see the panel in the floor of the tub thats how you access the tank and i dont think it be a good idea using a power tool to cut a hole in the bottom

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
I think you may be in a pretty big spot of bother as your LPG tank will probably be mounted above the access panel which has to be removed to gain access to the petrol tank underneath. A photo of the tray area would certainly help us give you further advice.

jeepster

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Ute
There are 2 plates behind the seats, about 15 cm square. If you take it off, you can reach the hoses and feel if they are leaking. But you wouldn't be able to replace the hoses via the holes.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Gas tank is fairly easy to get out. I wouldn't even try to access it in any other way. I can pull a gas tank out in 10-15mins.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
There’s no lines in the bottom of it. All hoses and wiring are on the top of the tank. It can only be accessed through the panel in the tub.

Out comes the gas tank.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Yep yep yep...if you got lpg tank against cabin & tray liner it's all got to come out just to get to fuel tank cover in tray.

Then you can get access to fuel tank.

Jackos94

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz crewman
Cheers boys I have it booked in as I’m not comfortable messing with the lpg tank, I’m guessing somewhere the fuel line has a hole, as it still runs on petrol but drops a **** ton of fuel. Can run it on gas but drop a couple of MLS on startup.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Might be good to go to a wrecker and find a spare tank. Replace the fuel pump while you have access to it. Put some new hoses on things.