Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How to get water in vy heater hoses?

yz300

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 vt wagon
Hi, I've got a 2003 VY 3.8. I've just done the inlet manifold and have filled the water but the heater isn't blowing hot air. I've had this happen before and somehow managed to get it to work but not this time. After playing around with something I just burnt the beJesus out of my hand with super hot water and would not like for that to happen again. Any advice on how fill the water so that the heater will blow hot air will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

TheIceman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Ex-cop
engine off, turn heater on full, fill radiator with air bleed valve open until water comes out, i use a funnel connected to radiator so water higher than bleeder, when water comes out close it, start engine, when top radiator hose gets warm meaning thermostat opens, make sure radiator still full, put on radiator cap, done.

yz300

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 vt wagon
Mate you are the ice man. That was a killer method. So simple yet unthought of by me. Big time thank you. I.m stealing your idea. Gus.

yz300

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 vt wagon
engine off, turn heater on full, fill radiator with air bleed valve open until water comes out, i use a funnel connected to radiator so water higher than bleeder, when water comes out close it, start engine, when top radiator hose gets warm meaning thermostat opens, make sure radiator still full, put on radiator cap, done.
Above comment, thank you

yz300

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 vt wagon
I'd better. I might need some more help.