Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How to handle yourself in a fight thread

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
may i ask why this thread is here? what were you thinking jecs
haha...good question, I just can't understand why it won't die, can you close it?

I don't see the issue with this thread. It's just like 99% of other threads in the pub. Bunch of people just talking **** overall and having a laugh.

ivabiggen

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz Executive
IMOP and many years of experience most martial artists are total bullshit artists and self deluders!!

Kieran263

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais Wagon 6.0 A6
Just yell out "don't touch me, I'll get an erection!" usually works for me :D

Garth

Your guess is as good as mine......
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
100 series Toyota Landcruiser V8 monster
I don't see the issue with this thread. It's just like 99% of other threads in the pub. Bunch of people just talking **** overall and having a laugh.

im not worroed about the thread at all, im just curious. seems out of place, just want to know why he felt the need to share that info with all of us.

monkeys437

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato l67
For me the biggest fear is getting attacked when im with the missus or somewhere like the train where i'd be trapped. Any other time I'd turn and run like a madman, and 99% of the general population would have no chance in hell of catching me.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Thread about fighting in a section titled "The Pub" on a holden forum out of place? Well..... I don't know about that really.

Meh, shits and giggles I say.

Tsunamix

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 2
What balance do you have from side stance? Drop kick? Hahah listen mate maybe when you go to your little martial arts club they teach you that. Things are different in the '0' that's not to say they don't teach that!

Not arguing at all they would teach that but every style is different. They have a vast array of stances.

Each to their own it's just what weve been told. I've just found majority of people standing side on are so easily cut down by a sweep of my arm across there chest.

Perfect Stance is feet shoulder width apart le to right, and shoulder width apart front to back. Corners of a squuare between balls of your feet.

Both knees slightly bent, weight centred and lowered a little. Arms slightly bent in front of you - around 30 -45 degrees in front of you, 'bridging' the distance to your opponent, elbows slightly out hands slightly in.

Kicking is a mugs game. yes kicks can be devastating. so can a bad bank balance. so what. kicks are slow. as in oh my god your going take your eyes off me turn around, backflip and then swing your leg and hope I'm stil standingtheir ? yeah right, sorry i'm over here driving a smashed beer bottle into your armpit.

Kick no higher than the knee. Kicks sacrifice balance. big kicks sacrifice balance and speed. Suicide. The most powerful kick is the outside crescent kick Most likeley target is head or rib cage. Rib cage can be hit from front on, but the damage can be shrugged off by the well muscled. The head requires you to swivel on your back foot, sacrificng mobility for power. Suicide.

Most powerful kicking art - Savate.

Most powerful recorded kick w an impact of over 700Kg. While technically a kick, it was delivered by a knee, in a clinch.

Fact. But do your own research.

GMHCalais

[TUKN20Z]
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII 5.7 Calais, VS SS SII HSV Enhanced
100% agree, yes kicking is a devastating blow but unless in a room with space it's not very applicable to most situations.

Honestly first thing that I look at is peoples stance. Just a quick glimpse will provide a lot of information ie left handed/right handed, position of elbows and hands and whether or not there legs are straightened or bent are just a handful of things I pick up. From that point onwards you can assess the situation to your degree.

Most people that do kick either have no idea or have all the idea on how to kick. I laugh when I see people go for these Bruce lee kicks attempting to take the blokes head off. It's then when you step back and grasp their ankle and push chest to ground. Love it hahah

Anyhow just dribbling now lol

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
P1010711.jpg

Problem solved.