Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

how to hard wire your thermo if fan not working

davidjetson

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn wagon with nitros
also have put a relay in now and made a switch so fan not on all the time only use it when in city and that when it look likes it geting warm

Cheap6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
There is a lot of info. in a "How To" on switching the fans manually which will be worth a look if posters in this thread are unaware that it exists.

An ECM fault can cause incorrect fan switching.

VTSSDUDE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.7L Commodore.
Excellent:clapping:
I have just got this very problem.
Now, it throws NO codes.
Fan DOES work when in diagnostic mode.
Relay tests fine.
Fuses A-OK.
Fan DOESN'T work under normal conditions, as I have overheated twice and NO fan.

Q. If the coolant sensor is kaput, wouldn't the car run rich. eg. bad fuel economy??? Mine has excellent fuel economy. Runs rough occasionally, goes like a scalded cat (I nicknamed it Crankydore:rofl2:)

Only overheats in slow going - busy car parks on a hot day etc.

NO bubbles in header tank, nice clear coolant. Oil is good.

Could it still be the coolant sensor or is the ECU stuffed????

Looking foward to informative replies:beer chug:

cheers

I am pretty sure that's a different sensor again regarding to fuel intake. There is a sensor at the very back of the engine block rear of manifold and one at the front above the water pump. Look at these two first.

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vu ss
How to hook up my cooling fans properly. Black green blue and yellow from each fan. Only one blue and yellow and one orange and blue wire that goes from one into 2 wires under fuse box. How do I hook up these 4wire cooling fans up to these 2 wires.vu ss series 1