Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How to hide a turbo , is it possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

woteva

NEED 4 SPEED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 Sportwagon - VR2 V6 ecotec Wag - VS2 V6 Wag
Mount it inside the cabin, under the dash :thumbsup:

TrikkBen

I'm Back :D
Reaction score
Website
www.asroilpans.com
Members Ride
BNR32
like a water to air intercooler? or you mean the actual engine cooling system? Most aftermarket turbo are only oil cooled. But due to turbocharging there is more heat generated in the engine so a better cooling is necessary i would say a bigger/thicker radiator and a electric waterpump would be more than enough (especially with alloy heads).
One of the main hurdleswith mid mount and rear mount are oil feeds for the turbo you'd probably need a scavenge pump to make sure the oil gets returned to the sump in quick time so the bearings and seals in the turbo dont let go

i was thinking a rainwater tank in the boot with a garden hose out your window, either way :)

detox_nath83

Another VL Driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Turbo Commo
here is a rear mount turbo

Attachments

• 148_0502_turbo_02_z.jpg
    148_0502_turbo_02_z.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 9,267

berlinabeast

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
1987 holden berlina 'rb20e'
being a mechanic , alot of my mates on P's ask me how to hide a turbo , I'm really unsure if it's possible

if so , how?

*for a VL ex*

cheers

Uhhh a mechanic wouldn't be asking this question numb nuts why not just say you're a noob? Tall poppy syndrome? haha

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Uhhh a mechanic wouldn't be asking this question numb nuts why not just say you're a noob? Tall poppy syndrome? haha

He's a first year day release kid, who's only job is to probabaly stand next to a qual. mechanic and tighten the sump plug, you dont find out about mounting turbo's doing that.:whistling

berlinabeast

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
1987 holden berlina 'rb20e'
Lol, My mates doing free work experience and a mechanics shop and he does more than that.

He's currently sticking an intercooler in for a skyline. Jez sucks to be that kid standing around not really doing much.

i'm not a qualified mechanic but yet i still take my engine out, do all the seals and fluids etc.

Lol a mate of mine recomended the turbo need the lsd, but he said he's also worked on some cars that have had it fitted underneath the engine, he even had one that was set up in the boot apparently alot of ****ing around though, and need to set it up so cold car gets into the boot,

With saying that, i was thinking it may cause alot of drag? guess it's something that you would want with a turbo, more ground force keeping you down, i guess that's why have the muppets out there get a noice spoiler looking for their car to produce more drag.

Don't take my word for it, i'm just getting into turbo's been really just ****ing around with timing etc for my cars.

The joys of owning straight 6's or v8's :D you don't need to do much tinkering to get the kinda power you are after

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
Why because you put a blower on them?? You would get the same amount of power from an I6 to a V6.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Put in in the cupboard... no one will think to look for it there...

Hope that helps! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.