Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How to Identify a series 1 from a Series II vx accliam?

redlightspecials

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX series II S Pac
Hi guys I need a little help on
1. Identifying a VX acclaim series 1 from a series II, WHAT IS BEST WAY TO TELL THEM APART? :unsure: :help:

Issue is I was having issues with Airbag light coming on, took it to Tech 2 cleared it, 2 month issue returned took it back to Kar mart were I brought it , they Tech 2 it cleared it, few weeks came back on. Karmart st Mary where I brought it, said Bring it back In we'll replace the CLOAK SPRING as that was the issue/problem.

NOW only PROBLEM Is red light Airbag warning light No longer comes back On, BUT they replaced the CLOAK SPRING with one from a series 1 VX now controllers for Volume/stereo etc controllers On steering wheel DO NOT work, cause of the series 1 CLOAK SPRING in a SERIES II VX.

So here I am OUT In Middle Of BUMBLE ###ED EGYPT (Dubbo) NSW Middle of NO WHERE, & I am looking at a VX acclaim at a Local wreckers, Although I CAN NOT tell if this Vx Acclaim is a series 1 or a series II ?

HOW TO TELL SERIES 1 FROM A SERIES II ? As I need the CLOAK SPRING FROM A SERIES II!!!

CSD

Reaction score
The indicator stork will be the newer vy type. (Rounded not so square).

ashbox

back in black
Reaction score
Members Ride
something black
And all of the dash will be black rather than a bluey colour.. You could always ring Holden with your vin and find out

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
A series 1 grille has vertical bars and a series 2 has criss cross bars ( I know , that's sounds gay )

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive Sii
vx2 has badge on bootlid, deeper auto trans sump pan, better IRS camber adjustment

NSTG8R

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV Maloo R8 + VX Berlina 5.7
look at the build date on the compliance plates...anything built after september 01 is a series 2