Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

how to identify a vt ss

pete d

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss
Hi my son has recently purchased an vt ss from a car yard in south australia and im not sure if it is a genuine ss it does not have the ss written in the seats for one thing but has 5.7 engine traction control electric windows and is tiger gold or orange also has boot spoiler and ss stickers.
is there any way to tell if it is genuine ss or not thanks in advance peter d

R

Risky

Send an email off to Holden via here https://secure.holden.com.au/forms/contact-us
The VIN number you supply will tell you. It might take a couple of days.

Holden's fabric seats are terrible & don't last the distance. Sagging & the glue coming apart is the sure sign of a very worn seat, not to mention the crap material used. If you go on eBay you'll see prices on how good seats are & even bad ones. I paid $570 for the leather/fabric seats & door cards for my ute & they came of a VZ SVZ wagon which uses a different plug (VYII onwards). It's pretty common that the seats get replaced. The VT SS model came with fabric seats as standard & leather being an option.

The colour you described would be Tiger Mica E043

I don't know how much your son paid for the VT but if the SS fabric seats aren't there, I would have haggled to get the price down. Never get pressured from the sales person to buy the vehicle until you've done the regular checks.

Mick1988

W.A. Cruise Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.sarichtechnology.com
Members Ride
Too many to list......
Open the bonnet, on the radiator support panel, passenger side above the headlight will be a build plate. On the top line you will have the build information.

VT8V@$$ &&& ***

Where:
@ is the model type (K = Executive based which includes S, SS, Equipe etc, L = Berlina based, X = Calais based)
$ is the body type (69 = sedan, 35 = wagon)
& is the build code which is broken up as follows
- First number is the model (1 = Executive, 2 = Berlina, 3 = Calais, 4 = Statesman, 5 = Caprice, 6 = Acclaim, 7 = S, 8 = SS, 9 = Police)
- Second number is the engine (1 = V6, 2= V8, 3 = Supercharged V6)
- Third number is the transmission (4 = auto, 5 = 5 speed manual, 6 = 6 speed manual)
* is the option code this will tell you if the car is a HSV model, police pack, Olympic edition, Equipe, series 2, etc etc)

crossy1962

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV REDLINE + a few VT’s S1’s & S2’s
Hi, I realise this thread is over 2 years old but a question someone might be able to help me with.
I have a few SS’s and
Open the bonnet, on the radiator support panel, passenger side above the headlight will be a build plate. On the top line you will have the build information.

VT8V@$$ &&& ***

Where:
@ is the model type (K = Executive based which includes S, SS, Equipe etc, L = Berlina based, X = Calais based)
$ is the body type (69 = sedan, 35 = wagon)
& is the build code which is broken up as follows
- First number is the model (1 = Executive, 2 = Berlina, 3 = Calais, 4 = Statesman, 5 = Caprice, 6 = Acclaim, 7 = S, 8 = SS, 9 = Police)
- Second number is the engine (1 = V6, 2= V8, 3 = Supercharged V6)
- Third number is the transmission (4 = auto, 5 = 5 speed manual, 6 = 6 speed manual)
* is the option code this will tell you if the car is a HSV model, police pack, Olympic edition, Equipe, series 2, etc etc)

Extremely helpful information ....
I realise this post I’m replying to is over 2yrs old but I have a question in regards to the model number option 8BB.
I have this option on 2 of my SS’s.
one is a VT S2 and the other is a VX.

Example - Model -VT8VK69-824-8BB
does anyone know what the 8BB stands for .?
Cheers.

Drewie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS (Original owner).
Not sure what it means but my VX SS which I have had from new has '8BB' at the end of the model number.

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
do the 8bb have fe2 suspension?
8bb and 9bb rpo codes list as rear suspension left and right side