Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How to insert door windows?

anarklov3r

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 WM Caprice
I've removed my door windows to install power window motors (which went without a problem)

I pulled them out
removed old winders
installed new power window winders

Now i cant get the window back in. I spent forever on it and nothing :(

Is there a step by step guide on how to do it? Eg pictures showing the steps and angles

anarklov3r

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 WM Caprice
There arent really any pictures. I've tried going by what they say and it's not working. I was really hoping for some pictures / video.

if i cant find anything tonight I'm just gonna pay somebody to install my windows for me. I don't have the patience anymore. I've been at it for 2 days converting this car to auto windows.

owen18

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Executive
whats stopping the window from going in? Can you not get it back on the track?
I changed by regulator a few weeks ago, and the hardest part is getting the window wound to a position which allow all three rollers to slide on the track. Screw paying someone to do it though pal, ask ya mates for a hand u might be able to fluke it

anarklov3r

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 WM Caprice
When it comes to stuff like this my mates are all hopeless. One mate came around just to take photos with his camera to spite me.

I just can't get the window to a position that allows me to slide it all on. I can get the front one on no problem (closest to dash), but getting the back one on (closest to pillar) is impossible. My old man think i have to disconnect the regulator, put it all on the tracks, hold the window and screw the regulator back in... I think that would be harder.

owen18

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Executive
im not sure what a VN is like, but can you unscrew the tracks, slide them on to the rollers then manipulate it into a position which will allow the tracks to screw back on, i think thats how i did mine, but my mate was doing most of the work

Vt-Brrrlina

vp bt1 gts replica
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp bt1 5.0ltr full GTS kit
i think if i remember rightly --------- onthe window track the white looking things one of them has a removable rubber bung --- the thing that stops the roller thing going too far back

that bung thing is removable and that gives ya the extra play on the window then put it back in afterwards when youve straightened it all up

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
Which windows? front or back? The Back are a piece of piss to get it.

What position is the reg in, All the way down, mid, or all the way up?

Failing this, what part of Melbourne are you in? Bugger paying someone mate.

anarklov3r

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 WM Caprice
I'm in thomastown / lalor area in melbourne.

It's the front left and right I'm having problems with. Everybody tells me the rears are really easy.

I've tired in every position between 1/2 and all the way up. Do any of you have a VN or Vp junker in your back yards you can pull the window out and put back in again and take some pictures?

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
I'm in thomastown / lalor area in melbourne.

It's the front left and right I'm having problems with. Everybody tells me the rears are really easy.

I've tired in every position between 1/2 and all the way up. Do any of you have a VN or Vp junker in your back yards you can pull the window out and put back in again and take some pictures?

Ok, I have no idea where Thomastown is, Im assuming Northern Subs?

I've only done the front windows once and it was some time ago, but from memory we had the regulator near the bottom, but not at the bottom. Ill have a look around tomorow and see if I can find a VN door to play with.