Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HOW TO install a pod filter on vs 3.8l

T

TOBSTA

after buying a pod filter for my ecotec ute (3.8) ive found that i cant put it on as there is a sensor in the factory airbox that causes the engine light to come on when disconnected... for those with experience with this
how do you get around this sensor to fit the pod filter? help!!!!

VEARGH

"Stop,Drop..KaboOm.*
Reaction score
Members Ride
v_R
i would say its just a temp or oxygen sensor, best bet is to just re install it close to the pod on the pipe??

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
do yourself a favour and get a pod mount bracket... bolts onto one of the air box mount points and keeps eerything tidy, should also have a spot to mount the air temp sensor (the one you are missing now).

If you leave the air temp sensor out it will give botched readings and may run the car too lean or too rich..

Reaction score
Members Ride
falcon
go back to panel filter and go cold air instead pod filters are crap and suck in hot air from ya motor

ps the sesor can be left out of pod but plug it in so warnign lights dont come on
stick it somewhere cold it tricks comp

T

TOBSTA

'it tricks comp' what does that mean mate, and these pod mount kets, where do i find one... ohh yeah how much are k and n panel filters?

Reaction score
Members Ride
falcon
if ya unlpug the sensor it gives warnigns (not always thoguh) so keep it plugged in at all times
if ya have it in a cool place it tricks cmop thinking air is cool so it lets in more fuel and tells comp to mix it diferently
if sensor is hot it doesnt allow more fuel so ya cant kill motor
if that makes sence

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
ok...thats just stupid man, why would you just chuck the temp sensor outside the intake airflow, giving off false readings.
anyway...you can get around needing a bracket to attach the sensor...just free up some of the wiring (usually invloves cutting the cable tie holding the group of wires and pulling the temp sensor wire free) and run the sensor inside the pod's rubber fitting to where it drops off to the filtering element...
then just chuck the pod on like before, easy as...it will be getting acurate temp readings and you wont need to get a bracket.

Reaction score
Members Ride
falcon
i didnt say its a good idea to place sensor outside of pod i was refering to leave it plugged in so you dont get fault codes
yes its stupid and sooooooo many ppl do it
i see it daily at work

C

Crimmo

Anyone know where to get one of these brackets? Or where to get a heat shield for a pod?

94vrexec

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr executive
supercheap. pretty much any car auto place that sells pods sells them