Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

how to install a speed alert in a VR/VS

MJR_VR

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Comm Vr Exec
You need cruise control buddy

boojak87

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Series II SS 5.7L
Yeah likewise, i have speed alert as standard in my VS yet no cruise. Sorry no help as to how to install either mate.

Boojakz

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
check to see if u got a spare wiring connecter behind the duster surround, if not good luck u need to got a wiring loom off a commy that had speed alert in it,, Acclaim and above

holden007

VRII
Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Liberty
From memory (I had to change the blub in the alert), the speed alert unit should clip in or you have to screw it from behind. But you have to take off the dash (don't forget the to take out the two screws face down in the speedo area, and then that part of the dash should clip off). Also you might have to disconnect the HZ, AC, Rem.Dim connectors from behind those switches so that you can take it off completely. But as fitzy2005 said, make sure you have the connector.

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
there is no loom. first thing i looked for when i had my dash off. apart from wiring in the loom ( i think it goes to the BCM ) i've thought about getting the aftermarket one from autobarn or somewhere and once installed see if a factory display can be hooked up, if not go with the aftermarket one.

semi

GOD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec wagon
wouldnt you jsut need to use the speed wire from your speedo sensor or from your ECU??

Macca177

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman V8
inmy vr acclaimi have the clip already wired up and just clicked onto the pannel thats there. i was hoping it will just click in if one day i deceded to install one.

i do have cruise so maybe thast why my loom is there.

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
You need to get the short dash loom from a vs and either strip the wires back from the plug for the speed alert back to where they tee off and join them on to your original loom or take out your dash loom out and replace it with the vs loom with the speed alert plug.