Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How to install adjustable fuel pressure reg to vt super 6 fuel rail

Pumba83

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 vt s-pack supercharged
As title suggests tell me how to go about it please. Is stock fuel reg removable from fuel rail?

Regards
Ben

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY s m5 supercharged
Why do you need one???

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
If it's not the screw in type (easy to spot) then no it's not removable AFAIK. You need to source a VS rail with the screw in type reg and fuel 'line in' and modify your lines to suit + one donor screw in line (for the reg).

It's really hard to explain over text, I'm currently doing the same thing with mine at present (installing a FPR800) but as it's a VS I only need a donor fuel line in and it's sorted. Honestly it's not something you want to do unless you have to.

Pumba83

Reaction score
Members Ride
Why do you need one???

Because I do if I wanted rubbish answers I would've made the post: tell me some bullshit
Is this a forum for assistance or for know it alls to ask crap as to y someone wants to do something
So if u ain't got nothing helpfull to the thread keep ur useless comments to yourself ey

Pumba83

Reaction score
Members Ride
Well I've done bulk mods both bolt on and internal so if you could keep me posted or send some pics through it would be handy. Is yours supercharged?

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
It's about to be, need the FPR on there to complete the install or it'll starve. PM me an email address and I'll send you through a rough guide I knocked up some time ago.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY s m5 supercharged
Because I do if I wanted rubbish answers I would've made the post: tell me some bullshit
Is this a forum for assistance or for know it alls to ask crap as to y someone wants to do something
So if u ain't got nothing helpfull to the thread keep ur useless comments to yourself ey

Relax mate it was a question so get off your high horse.

The stock reg is more than up to the task and you really only need a rising rate reg your a tight ass and don't want a tune or want to show off to your mates. but who am I to stop you go for it.
You cant remove the reg from the stock rail but you can remove the inside of it which will likely let you gut it and put it back then you. wait im the only one that has bothered/able to answer your question so far.

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina Wagon Supercharged
Most tuners prefer the stock FPR, aftermarket items usually just cause more tuning issues, unless your fuel system demands running larger pumps/rails/supply lines then its not neccessary to change it.

Pumba83

Reaction score
Members Ride
I apologise iam getting ready for inter cooling and am having trouble with lean outs so was just wanting to have an afpr in place for the up coming mods and psi upgrades.

I just think sometimes there is a lot more why questions asked than helpful answers to the questions asked so my apologies for snapping and all info is muchly appreciated. I did find some modified l67 fuel rails on the thrasher web site which comes with an afpr for $580