Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VR-VS] How To Install Cup Holders into VR VS

benno9911

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY S2 Exec
i just keep my center console empty and keeps my drinks in there it holds a large fine fine

JoshSvc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Sedan - The Beige Bandit!
I was putting my drink in the centre console too but it was getting annoying, i should get it finished this weekend, i'll throw some pics up.

pecksterism99

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Calais
my not so neat solution

Excellent solution Josh. Do you reckon two cupholders would fit though?

I have a temporary solution with a couple of cupholders from SuperCheap. They are on an angle and you lose the ciggy lighter - not that we use it, except for iPod and phone charger, but we run thise from the lighter at the rear. The angle doesn't seem to be prob.

The lower holder is screwed into the ashtray lid - there's rubber packing over the lid to get a level surface. The front cup is clipped to the rear one, and has packing underneath so it sits against the console.

One day I'll get around to shifting the window controls and go with your system.

100_8780.jpg

Last edited:

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
I was always intending to do this to mine before it got written off, I was planning on using a VY/VZ center console cup holder though. Great write up mate :thumbsup: I would never have thought to use a hairdryer to get the ducting out of the way.

EDIT: Also, for people with power window switches... Rip your auto shifter surround off (Because let's face it, for the grand total of THREE PEOPLE with manual VS's you can suck it up and hold your cups)... Fiberglass the hole where the ash/coin/random-crap tray usually goes and put the power window switches there. Also something I always intended to do.

thats what im thinking of doing to mine one day

JoshSvc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Sedan - The Beige Bandit!
2 cup holders should fit if you move the front cup holder forward, mine is only in that spot as i had holes drilled into the console for a phone holder and didn't want them left behind, when i put the last cup holder in i will have to modify it as the console starts to curve up to the armrest.

clifton

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr calais series 2

nstone63

wants a new car
Reaction score
Members Ride
1988 VN Executive
this is great! i'm gonna jump into this one when i get home tonight

wattles

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Sv6 04
awesome guide, definitely gonna give it a go so i dont have gay k-mart holders on my vents lol